Brother MFCJ6920DW Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
"IS THERE AN AUTO FEED FEATURE FOR SCANNING? MANY OF MY DOCUMENTS TO SCAN ARE MULTIPLE PAGES. TX!
• Yes there is. Make sure you install the PaperPort program to make BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET work properly. PaperPort is included in the SoftWare Disk included with the Printer. Make sure to install the printer using the Disk rather than using Microsoft's ""Included"" software. You will get a much better User Interface and many more Printer Options. With the PaperPort installed I have ""Scanned"" a hundred pages at a time without a problem. Instead of Scanning from ""Windows"", open PaperPort and Scan from the PaperPort UI (User Interface). You can set BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to ""Stack"" the Scanned objects, reverse their order and/or Unstack them if you wish to view any particular pages. You can Save the scanned pages either in PP or Save them to Docs or Desktop etc., and even Print them directly from PaperPort. The PP Program is worth more than the Printer! Great little Program! Really. READ THE DIRECTIONS (if you don't you may not be able to divine all of the Printer's functions). Good Luck and Enjoy!
• So far VERY happy with the machine although I have not used scanning. I have printed & copied. Not using fax either. Only complaint, if you take out the ink cartridge for any reason when BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET shows BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is ""Low"" BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will not detect the ink if you try to put BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET back in. So don't remove low cartridges unless you intend to replace it. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET was aggravating trying to get BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to work! But I figured BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET out - lesson learned. Very good machine!
• Yes, but I have not used BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET yet. All that I scan is on Illustration board. I am a dinosaur. I paint and illustrate on Cresent Illustration which is ridged. If you are ever on Linkedin, go to my profile page to see the result of my scans. Link..... http://lnkd.in/bQuVAAWI love this printer/scanner. If you choose to buy it, you will as well.
• It looks like you can set the ADF for high speed scanning for up to 35 pages. I have not tried this but you should be able to download the manual to confirm this. Good luck!
• The model I purchased (DW I believe) does have an auto feed and duplex feature.
• Yes there is and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works well.
• Yes. 35 sheet document feed.
"WHAT IS THE BEST RATED MULTIPLE FUNCTION PRINTER FOR A MAC
• I would recommend the HP 8600. I'm going to try not to be long winded about this, but I will elaborate later if you would like. I bought BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET did not perform to the caliber promised. Maybe BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET was all in the fine print, but I would rather BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET be up front. The quality of printing was terrible when printing simple clip-art. The colors were washed out and so was the definition (blurry edges). So I increased the print quality. While the quality was great, the speed went downhill. I'm married to a teacher, so these things definitely matter. I am not a fan of HP, and we had an 8600 that was done for in 2 years (print head), but I found one on Tiger Direct with a 3 year warranty, so I feel better about it. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is a very fast printer with plenty of features and the quality is great. I also bought a CISS from ebay, so our print costs are now negligible. Anyways, like I said before I have plenty to say on the matter if you want to hear it, but I hope this helps for now.
• To my knowledge there is no specific printer for Macs. Most if not all printers come with software that is Mac compatible. Just find yourself a printer that you like, check that BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has Mac compatible software and install it. What you probably really should be asking (not to seem condescending) is which multifunction printer will best serve my needs. i.e., buy one that will print everything you might wish to print. Paper size, color, fax, wireless etc., etc.
• If I owned a MAC I would tell you. But I can say this. If you can actually use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET on a MAC, I would buy BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET immediately. For the price, this Multi-function machine truly performs and uses less ink than any other printer I have owned.
• Well BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will work with a MAC as I use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET with my I pad wireless but I do not know if BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is the best but it is very good. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is all I need or want.
"WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE J6920DW AND THE J6720DW? THE J6720DW COSTS MORE, BUT THE J6920DW SEEMS TO BE A NEWER MODEL.
• Since I have the newer model printer the J6920DW, the printer has never let me down in my printing of my financial reports on a bi-weekly basis. In printing, the J6920DW model is a great model to work with. Since I do the financial reports for the American Legion and the United Veterans Burial Association here in South Texas the J6920DW model has done it's work above and beyond of what I expected. And the printing comes out very clear and bold. And the cartridges that I use are the LC103 series and they do an excellent job. And the only difference that I have seen between the J6920DW and the J6720DW is just in the casing, because they both use the same type of cartridges which are the LC103 series. So in essence, they are practically the same, there are some slight differences but they both do an excellent job. Good-luck and I hope you enjoy using the Brothers Printer. Robert.
• Comparing the downloadable pdf spec sheets from the Brother site, the main differences are that the 6920 has a slightly larger control screen and that BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will also do duplex printing (no mention of that on the 6720 page at all). Otherwise, both spec pages are nearly identical, and I had to look very closely to note any differences. (I don't understand the pricing difference either because it seems that the slightly 'lesser' unit currently costs *more* money. Got me!)
• The 6920 is the better model. Mine works great. Bought BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to print Ledger size. I bought an extra tray for tray 2 so I have a tray for letter, legal and ledger. The $199.99 is a great price!
• Go to http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/Color_Inkjet_Multifunction/#.VAjWhfldWuo scan down to the bottom and compare the bottom two.
• Not really sure about difference. Love my for home and other work. Easy connect to wireless setup and cost per copy affordable.
"IS THIS BROTHER MFC J6920DW MORE RELIABLE (IN TERMS OF PAPER HANDLING, ETC) THAN EPSON WORKFORCE 7620?
• I do own a Brother MFC J6920dw which I use for my home office, but I do not know much about the Epson model you mentioned. I have, though, owned/purchased about 30 printers for my business over the past 15 years I would put the Brothers in the slightly above average in terms of paper handling. In its standard operation just using the two automatic feeder trays BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works fine to great. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET always grabbing the correct tray for the printing job, I use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for 8 1/2"" x 11"" and 11"" x 17"" printing trays. One small annoyance is that when you do occasionally get a paper jamb you have to go through this little dance of opening about 4 doors in a specific order before the printer will allow you to resume printing. Even if you clear jam at the first door you have to continue through the dance or the printer will not print. The big negative of the Brother machine is the manual bypass feeder. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does not work worth crap. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is very finicky in taking paper (one sheet at a time). BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will jamb about 50% of the time, and about 50% of the time those successful printing pages will come out cockeyed, forcing you to try to print BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET again. Additionally I have yet been able to get a successful envelope to print through the by-pass. I had to buy a cheap second printer just for envelopes. If I need to print on photo, post cards or letterhead paper I remove one of the trays reconfigure BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET and then print from that tray, as a work around.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does 2-sided scans in one pass, where the Epson flips the paper and takes 2 passes. That should make the Brother more reliable in that case.
• Good question? As I don't have the printer to compare,I can't comment , but the printer has never had any issues with respect to the feed
"IS THE PHOTO PRINT QUALITY GREAT.
• Overall, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET prints very good photos, especially when you use the paper recommended in the manual. This is my second purchase in the series (MFC-6490CW) and love it. I purchased this newer model because of all of the new features (Double-Sided Scan & Print) ""Duplexing"" and the Wireless throughput is faster than my older one. The BEST thing about these Business Class printers is that you can purchase Double Sized, Extra high capacity ink cartridges for about the price that most pay for a little cartridge for those small home printers. In other words, I continue to save at least 70% on price per page, and the don't seem to use ""Kill Chips"" in the cartridges like many other manufactures do. I am very happy with BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET and highly recommend it. You won't regret the purchase... and remember, every day, I still us the older version of BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET as they are workhorses. I hope this helps you!
• It's not GREAT, but it's decent. I don't think I would use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for any kind of art exhibit, but it's more than passable for day-to-day photo printing. Be wary of the limitations on printing envelopes: the closest you can print to the left edge of an envelope (for the return address) is about .9"". This really sucks.
• I use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET solely for printing and scanning. I do not print photos off BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET so I cannot speak to the image quality. Honestly, if you are looking for a printer specifically for printing photos, I would look into Canon products. That's their specialty.
• Ron: Print quality is good but not vivid, since my printer is new I will have to play with the settings to adjust the output. I print a lot of maps that have significant detail so my experience may not be the norm.
"DOES THE PAPER HANDLING CAPABILITY INCLUDE A3 ? DONT KNOW WHAT ""LEDGER "" MEANS
• I've been able to successfully print on 11 x 17 paper, which is what A3 or ledger is. You need to remove the upper paper try, which has a little tab (ours is green plastic); flip up the plastic cover thing and then squeeze the tab and draw out the front of the tray itself to make BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET bigger. Then you can put the paper in, 11 wide and 17 deep, now that the tray can accommodate that size of paper. When printing, you need to select the size of paper you want when programming the printer what to do. The instruction manual explains that if BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET isn't readily obvious.
• Yes, I have 11 inch by 17 inch paper in the lower tray (note that BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET sticks out sideways a bit). According to the manual: ""You can use the following sizes of paper for printing copies: Letter, Legal, Ledger, A4, A5, A3, Executive and Photo (4"" x 6"")/(10 x 15 cm). You can use the following sizes for printing faxes: Ledger, Letter, Legal, A3 or A4.""
• Ledger on this is defined as 11 X 17 in & I use this for printing house plans. In the printer drop down box for paper size A3 BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is defined as 11.7 X 16.5. in. I can tell you that for me the ledger tray & print quality works great, not super fast but for the money no complaints at all.
• US ANSI paper sizes Millimeters Inches ANSI A (letter) 216 ?-- 279 8 ?-- 11 ANSI B (ledger & tabloid) 279 ?-- 432 11 ?-- 17 ANSI C 432 ?-- 559 17 ?-- 22 ANSI D 559 ?-- 864 22 ?-- 34 ANSI E 864 ?-- 1118 34 ?-- 44
• Yes on A3 Ledger is the same as Tabloid
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can handle 11 x 17 copy print etc.
• Sorry don't know about ledger or a3
• Ledger is 11x17 inches.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET COME WITH A ""STARTER"" OR ""REGULAR"" SUPPLY OF INK? HOW MANY PRINTS BEFORE THE INITIAL INK RAN OUT ON ANY ONE OF THE INK CARTRIDGES
• Well, I bought BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET because BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET claimed to be able to print two sided 11x17. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can, but only with a lot of babying and juggling of everything. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET only prints one sheet at a time and only if BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET likes the way BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET goes in. Otherwise BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET jams. The buffer has a hard time holding the printing for both sides so BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET often only prints the backside of a two sided sheet. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET did not come with a cable so you have to be sure you have an old one on hand in order to connect BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to the computer. The wireless function is spotty so the cable is pretty much mandatory. Also, you can only install the drivers via the cable, which took three attempts before BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET installed correctly. I would not ever buy another Brother printer.
• If the question is does BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET come with standard or high yield ink the answer is standard yield. As far as how many prints could be done with one set of ink cartridges I do not know as I returned the printer before the ink ran out do to issues of jamming and blank paper spitting out randomly when doing a high volume of 2 sided printing.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET only comes with a starter pack. I don't know how long BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will last. I'm so busy dealing with its other shortcomings that I don't get too many printing jobs done.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET looks like a regular supply of ink... Yet to replaced it.
"HOW DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET CONNECT TO COMPUTER
• I connected using the instructions/disk for wireless setup. You DO need a USB cable to set BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET up the first time, but then the cable comes out. Also connected BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to a 2nd computer in a different room using the ""find printer"" option and installing drivers from there. Works like a dream!
• You can connect by usb port, or very easy wirelessly you only select in the printer the wireless network and input the wepkey, after that..the automatic applicarion on the cd walkyou thrue the configuration with autodetection, its simple! and the printer is very nice!!!
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has a few options I think. I'm using only wi-fi but BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET also has Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Pictbridge, Wireless (802.11b/g/n), Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Ethernet, Media Card Slots and USB Flash Memory Drive, interfaces.
• I connect wirelessly via my wifi router. Set up was very easy, the Brother software basically did BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for me. You can also connect with a USB cable, although I have not tried that. Wireless printing is very nice.
• 2 ways: 1. USB (cable not included) 2. Wirelessly (computer and printer need to be on the same router / network or you can use Google print)
• If you have wi-fi you don't need a connection if your computer is also wireless.
• I use wifi and didn't need a USB cable for the initial setup...
"DOES THE BROTHER MFC-J6920DW COME WITH FULL OR STARTER INK CARTRIDGES?
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET did. There are four panels for them. But on the cartridge note: you must always but Brother toner replacement cartridges. I have tried all the ones people on here say work with the machine, but none of them do. If you print a lot, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will start to run a bit to print. Something you may want to keep in mind.
• Starter. But not to worry it's one of the best if not the best on the market in that class. its sets up just about auto matically in 10 mins. The only issue with set-up is> make sure you install the paper in landscape direction because BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET prints horizontilly not vertically. Regards
• They come with full but seems like the blk needed replacing quickly. I was able to get a giant sized blk cartrage. Hope this helps.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does... at least mine did. BTW I love this printer.
• My memory is that mine came with starter cartridges.
• They are full size cartridges, but not the XL size.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does come with starter ink cartridges. :)
• Yes but the cartidges are the low volume ones
• Starter, but it's a pretty good start
• Starter ink
"DOES THE ACTUALLY PAPER TRAY HOLD 11 X 17 PAPER OR DO YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY FEED BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET ALL THE TIME?
• Both trays are extendable (there's a small green latch inside the tray) to support any size up to 11 x 17. There is also a single-feed slot on the backside of the machine. So if you have letter (8.5x11) in one tray and legal (8.5x14) in the other you can feed in ledger (11x17) at the back manually one at a time. In short all features on BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET support up to 11 x 17 size for all tasks - document feeder, scan bed, fax, borderless photo print...
• Either tray holds 11x17, they are modified to expand without adding another tray. I use the lower for 11x17 and the upper for 8.5x11 Works great on wifi!
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET actually holds 11x17, & BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has an adjustable bypass (for envelopes, card stock, etc.).
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has a separate tray and another for regular size there is a manual feed in the back
• Yes. You can choose either one of the two trays.
• No. The trays are not big enough to hold 11x17.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET takes size 11x17 in the tray.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET holds the 11 x 17 paper
• Tray 2 will take 17 x 11.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET SCAN IN DUPLEX FROM THE FLATBED GLASS? WHAT ABOUT OVERSIZE OR THICK ITEMS? IS THERE HINGE FLEXIBILITY TO ACCOMMODATE THICK ITEMS FOR FLATBED?
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does NOT scan in duplex from the flatbed glass. I doubt any scanner does. That would require a 2nd scanner in the folding lid. However, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works great for thick items. There IS hinge flexibility for books, etc. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET looks like the hinges flex about 1"". And you can always leave BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET open, like a copier.
• I believe the duplex is available by feeding the paper thru the doc feeder, not from the flatbed glass. The hinge is flexible to allow for thick items placed on the flatbed glass.
• Only manually from the glass. One side then the other. Thick items from glass can be scanned. Yes there is hinge flexibility to accomodate thinker items for flatbed scanning.
• I dont know about the feeder tray, but with a thicker paper when you are printing two sided, the paper gets jammed pretty easily. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does just fine one sided though.
• Does not scan duplex from the flatbed but is capable of scanning thick items. You have about a inch flexibility with the scanner lid.
"IS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8.1 PRO AND WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE?
• Dov. I do not use 8.1 but I would expect BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET would. I now have four Brother printers. HL-1870N B&W Laser I bought in 1999. MFC-8860DN B&W Laser all-in-one bought in 2003 when my HP fax died. HL-4070CW bought in 2007 to do color. I bought the MFC-J6920DW to do Ledger. All work great. They work with 2000 Pro, Vista, and Windows 7 Home Premium. The first two I run wired on my gigabit network. The last two I run wireless. Setup was easy. If you have a problem, Brother support can help. I used them about 8 years ago for a question and they answered immediately.
• I'm using BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET with Windows 8.1 -- not Pro -- sorry, I don't know. This is the cleanest, most useful printer I've owned. I love the fact it's wireless -- available to the three PCs we have with 2 Win 7 and one Win 8. Easy to use, great results.
• I'm using mine with a Microsoft Surface tablet with Windows 8.1 and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works very well.
• The printer prints everything we have sent it
• I have windows 8.1. Set up was fast and EZ!
• I don't know...I have Windows XP
"HOW WELL DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET WORK AS A COPIER?
• As a Finance Officer for the American Legion and as a Finance Officer for a Veterans Honor Guard Group BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET those an excellent job above and beyond of what I expected. The printing is excellent and quick and without any delays. And I must admit without any errors whatsoever. I highly recommend BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for high volume jobs.
• Great . . . does two sides easily, does not seem to use too much ink. I don't have anything bad to say about this printer. However, if using BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET as a two sided copier is the ONLY reason you are buying it, I would tell you that the print speed is not very fast.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is an excellent copier and I have had no problems with the resolution of the characters, color density or ease of wireless setup and connection to my laptop, ipads and iphones.
• It's about average or less as a copy machine. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is very loud. Not good for a home office.
• Works great for me! Also, prints photo's good.
"WILL BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET FAX FORWARD TO EMAIL OR FAX TO PC?
• The Brother Printer MFCJ6920DW will scan to e-mail and scan to PC but will not fax to either. Also, FYI, I have purchased 2 of these and have returned them both to Brother due to multiple problems including crooked scans, print jobs piling up on output tray, and more paper jams I've ever experienced with either a basic printer or an all-in-one. Clearing a paper jam is more difficult than with any other machine, as well, as BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has to be done from the rear of the printer. Then, even when the jam is cleared, the notification light continues to flash so the printer has to be completely shut down in order to reset. All this is my experience, which was certainly in direct conflict with the high ratings I found when researching my options for a new all-in-one. Good luck! firstname.lastname@example.org
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET scans to your PC over the network for e-mail, PDF, fax, or as an image. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET uses the included driver software for that.
"DOES THIS UNIT COME WITH INK CARTRIDGES?
• Yes. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET comes with starter ink for each color. They last a good while. I share with 3 people and haven't replaced them in over a month. I did have to replace the black ink. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET seems like BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET manages ink well but absolutely nothing else about BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is good. It's louder than a semi, comes with so much bloat ware you need to be on point when installing, the first one I received didn't want to accept cartridges so I had to return it. If I had another chance I would wait until the next model of BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET comes out.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET comes with cartridges. I've been using my printer in my home office with the cartridges I received when I purchased the printer at the end of February and none have run out yet, although the black ink is low.
• Yes, ours came with one set of ink cartridges
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET comes with starter cartridges.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does
"WE DON'T PRINT MUCH. DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET USE LOTS OF INK TO PRIME ITSELF OR SOMETHING? WE NEED TO FIND A CHEAPER PRINT OPTION THAN OUR CANON.
• If you research you can determine the Cost per copy if that is what our looking for. Several years ago I did just that and Brother was the cheapest way to go. You say you do not print much so I wonder why you are interested in a printer like this one. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is Top Of the Line in so much as you can print and scan as large as 11' x 17"" paper. You should be able to get a Brother (or research to find the lowest cost per copy) that costs less than $100 if all you need is to print/scan/fax up to legal size paper. Hope this helps...
• Doesn't seem to and I use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for printing work documents...... That said , I did purchase the Xl black cartridge for word documents.... Just make sure you disconnect the wifi if wired to an Ethernet and the printer works perfectly ....
"CAN YOU SELECT WHICH TRAY TO PRINT FROM?
• In a nutshell, yes! It's a great printer, with many cloud functionality. The issue i have with it, I continue to get the Jam paper messages when there's no paper jam. I have yet to contact the manufacture, to see what the issue is.
• Yes, go into tools on the front panel and then you can set your trays from there.You made a wise choice in printers because you can print 3 sizes of paper and choose color or black and white as well from that same panel.
• Yes, you can manually select the tray- if desired. In normal operation, the printer will choose the correct tray based on the paper size your printing to.
• Select printer properties in the dialog box that appears when printing, then select a tray. The choices are Auto, Tray1, and Tray2.
• Robert, yes you can. BTW, I really like my Brother printer. I have had BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET about 3 months.
• Yes, select properties at print time
"WHAT OS IS NEEDED
• Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8, Mac OS X v. 10.6-10.8 (10.9 works also, but Brother doesn't list it) Link to the Brother site below, scroll to the bottom of the Specifications table and click ""System Requirements"". Two more tables pop up with detailed info about system requirements. http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/mfcj6920dw/spec#.UvvXEXmM6vI
• I have used BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET on both Windows XP professional and Mac OSX 10.9 (Maverick) with complete success. Use this link and click on System Requirements at the bottom of the screen for a complete list of supported systems. http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/mfcj6920dw/overview#.UvuubHmDRkg
• We are using BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET in a network office setting. Two users with Win 7 and one with Win 8. Works perfectly for us.
• I'm using BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET with both Windows 7 and Windows XP computers and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET performs quite well with both.
• I'm using a PC running Windows 7 however, I'm sure you can use any OS.
"CAN YOU USE CARD STOCK?
• I don't know. I sent BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET back. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET didn't even print well for me - far from the reviews I had read. Scanning was even worse. After wanting to try a different brand with great reviews, I'm back to Epson. HP got sent back too. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET could print ok but neither one of them scanned well. I need BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to do all three. But this brother didn't print well on regular paper - red was pink, for example. I called them and they said I had to turn the print color settings all the way to high. ?? How much extra ink would that use? BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET should print red on normal settings....at least I think so. So card stock didn't matter - not if BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET didn't print well on paper stock.
• Yes, Brother says up to 58 pound (tray 1 and manual feed) and 28 pound in tray 2. I've used 60 pound and had no issue.
• Hi! Yes you can use card stock
"IS THERE A DEDICATED TRAY FOR 11X17 PAPER
• There are two trays that are flexible enough to set up for a variety of paper sizes. I have BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET set up as follows: Tray 1 is 8 1/2"" x 11"" and Tray 2 is 11""x 17"". The printer will automatically pick the correct tray based on what you/software tell BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET you want to print on. This has worked flawlessly. The by-pass slot is a jamming nightmare.
• Yes. There are two trays and the lower tray is dedicated to 11 x 17. It's identified as tray #2 when selecting a tray for printing.
• No.. you have to use the rear manual feed that screws up all the time and has guides that move so the paper goes in at an angle. .
• Yes there is. The top tray can be expanded to fit 11x17.
• Not that I know of but the tray opens / slides to 11 X17
• 2 trays can make any size up to 11x17
• Yes. Two trays are included.
"IS ANYONE HAVING ISSUES PRINTING 11X17 DUPLEX ON MAC 10.10.1? I HAVE THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN MY PRINT DIALOG, BUT I HAVE YET TO GET DUPLEX TO WORK.
• Interesting. I would try this. Delete the Brother driver(s). Give the printer a static IP address from the printer front panel. Probably should be 192.168.xxx.yyy. Where xxx depends on your router. Look up the DHCP range and stay out of BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for yyy. Subnet mask is 255.255.255.000 as I recall. Then load the Brother driver(s) via wireless from the Brother supplied disk. Check Brother web-site for any updates. Be sure to do both the printer and scanner from the Brother CD. I don't know what they supply for a MAC. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is Nuance PaperPort for Windows. Good Luck!
• I don't have a MAC. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works great with my Windows 7 Home Premium. Prints 11 x 17 full duplex, no problem. I had a MAC for years, but had to switch to windows for my job about 10 years ago.
• No problem with Windows.
"WHAT IS THE INK USAGE LIKE? WILL BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET JUST EAT UP MY INK AND MAKE ME GO BUY MORE?
• Mine is not in heavy usage. I only print about three or four pages per day and mostly in black and white. I've had the Brother for about four months and haven't changed the cartridges BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET came with as yet. The ink monitor is telling me that the black ink is low but BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET keeps printing well so I haven't changed BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET yet. So far BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is performing as promised in the literature.
• I used more black then color. I just brought some new ink back Jan. Now I have an issue, that the unit is not recognizing the cartridges. They have high yeild
• All printers eat up ink. The more you print the more they eat. I purchased BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET based on two criteria: A good price and prints 11 by 17.
• Seems to be very low ink usage compared to my last printer.
"WHERE DOES THE 11X17 FEED? FROM A TRAY, IF SO IS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET INCLUDED?
• As stated before, yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is fed from either top or bottom tray when that tray is resized to accept it. You can have the 11x17 paper in the top tray, the bottom tray, or in both trays. Note that a tray will extend out away from the printer several inches when resized larger. The trays can only be used in the designed position, in other words, you cannot swap the top and bottom trays. Only the top tray has the paper catcher.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET uses the buttom try. You have to pull the try out and extend BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET or if you have the tech manual, just follow the direction or sometime BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET shows on a picture how to do it.
• Yes - two trays are included and each can be configured to feed ledger-size paper.
• Yes, the 11x17 can feed from the tray and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is included.
"JUST BOUGHT AND SET UP. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET SAYS PAPER JAM FROM THE FIRST PRINT I TRIED. THERE IS NO JAM AS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINTS TEST PAGE FINE. JUST WON'T PRINT DOC
• You can look in the back and open the door because sometimes there is something there. Also you can left open the printer and close it, and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will reset. If that doesn't work then look remove the trays and check and make sure that there is not even the smallest piece of paper. I have this problem alot. I hope that this helped
• Try copy mode to rule out paper problems. Try printing with adobe or word pad to rule out software. Rule out cabling and print wirelessly. if all of that fails factory reset and finally timevto test the warranty. Best of luck.
• Read the instructions. I had to remove something from the inside. The printer has being very good. I'm surprised.
"IS THE BLACK&WHITE OUTPUT ACCEPTABLE FOR BUSINESS USE? I NEED TO PRINT THE OCCASIONAL DOCUMENT WHEN SEEING CLIENTS. CURRENTLY USING OLD HP LASER
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has five levels of black color and even in the #3 where I have mine, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is a sharp black. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET really rocks, in my opinion. With #5 probably BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will be a waste of ink.... CGR
• We are a steel welding and fabrication shop, and use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for shop drawings which is great ,occasionally some documents that comes out great,
• I think so. I am a survey draftsman and we print our plats and maps on BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET on 11x17 paper with no issue.
• Yes, the quality of BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is just fine for professional use.
• I use my at home, but don't think I'll look bad on business
• Yes. Have have been impressed with quality of printer.
"WILL THIS PRINT ON HEAVIER CARD STOCK, LIKE BRISTOL PAPER?
• 110lb card stock is a single sheet at a time through the rear bypass - which is a joke in BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET self. A printer this size and you have to reach over or around and flip open a rear single sheet paper slot. The guides on the slot just loosely slide so you need to fiddle with the for each sheet - they just will not stay in place to help you. We bought an HP-1010 just to handle our card stock printing and - Yes - a $35 dollar printer out performs this monster hands down for 65 - 110lb card stock.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does. I use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET all the time to print on Stock Paper. This is my favorite home office printer. Love to be able to print 11x17 Legal size.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does fine with card stock of all kinds.
"CAN I SET TO PRINT ON ONE PAGE INSTEAD OF 2 SIDED
• Yes. You can print single or double sided pages. That is set in the default settings. Or you can change on any print job you have and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET would only effect that print job. You can also set black and white as a default to save on color printer ink. Then you can also change on any single print job. Very flexible, and so far a great printer. As a note, the 11x18 prints are only one page at a time. That was no impact for me. Just nice to have that flexibility.
• Yes absolutely. Only exception would be when you screen print using a PRINT button on a webpage sometimes you may not get a printer properties dialog box and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET may just start printing automatically.
• It's in the Brother Basic printer settings toward the bottom under 2-Sided/Booklet.
"CAN YOU REMOVE THE BOTTOM TRAY TO MAKE BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET A FEW INCHES SHORTER?
• No, but you can make BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET longer in order to accommodate larger paper sizes. If you pull out the tray, in the leading right hand corner there is a hole, into which you reach and press a green tab. Then you can extend the front of the tray out. If, for some reason, your tray is already extended, and you're trying to get BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET back flush with the front of the copier, you do the same thing, only push in the front of the tray.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET comes with the lower tray the same size as the upper tray. You extend BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for legal or ledger paper. I think BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will still print letter size if you take the lower tray out.
• Yes you can and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will still print from the top tray.
"WHAT IS THE WARRANTY?
• Here, here, yeah, I also contacted Brother re: their 2-year warranty and read off Amazon's 2-year warranty and they are virtually the same. Unless, you want a third year, I suppose you could get the 3-year. My experience with trying to file claims is a daunting task. The only warranty company outside of an OEM that doesn't make one jump through hoops is Square Trade. Extended warranties, to me, is where most companies make big bucks, a warranty on top of warranty, come on!
• I'm answering my own question because I contacted Brother about this: they assured me that their 2-year warranty would apply. Amazon: this information should be listed in the product details!!! Instead BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET feels like you are trying to trick your customers into buying the additional 2-year coverage, without properly informing them of what Brother already provides.
"HOW TO PRINT 11 X 17?
• Hi You have to manually feed the sheet of paper in to the rear paper feed slot and then prey.. 9 times out of 10 BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will fail to feed in to the printer. If BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does manage to feed BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will 75% of the time enter crooked because the guides are so loose. But if luck is on your side BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET prints fairly well and fast.
• To print on 11x17 paper you load tray number 2 with that size paper. Select tray 2 as the paper source when printing. Make sure that you select 11x17 as your output size and that is all there is to it.
• You start by putting in 11 x 17 inch paper. Then just select that paper tray in your print settings.
• You have to go to settings and change BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET there before you print...
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINT WIRELESSLY?
• I wish I could answer that. I don't do WiFi. One thing I can tell you, however is BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is plagued with paper jams. Brother was good enough to replace one, but BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET one gets jams all the time, and you have to work forever to get BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to work again. Thank you.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does that and a lot more I can print from my iPhone iPad my laptops and my regular computer they all Hookin effortlessly
• Absolutely, flawlessly! Set machine up using a connected USB then as instructed remove cable(USB) works great
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has that feature, but I don;t use it. I prefer connecting BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET by cable.
• Yes. Also air prints from your phone or iPad.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does.
"WILL THE TRAYS HOLD 8.5X10 AND 11X17?
• The upper tray takes 8.5x11/A4/Legal but not 11x17 The lower tray extends - pulls out and stays stuck out by 6 inches - and will hold all the above + 11x17 So yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can hold 8.5x11 and 11x17 simultaneously in top/bottom trays respectively The paper trays are pretty flimsy but for what BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET costs, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET serves my 1-man office well and produces good color output. It's not color laser quality but it's very good inkjet.
• There are two separate trays. One will hold 8.5x11 and the other will hold 11x17
• Yes. There are separate trays for each. Printer works great for both sizes.
• Yes--there are two trays and both are size adjustable
• Yes they can
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET DUPLEX SCAN 11X17 FROM THE ADF AND CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET AUTO-DUPLEX PRINT 11X17?
• Yes and Yes for the short answer. Scan11x17-All you have to do after selecting scan is to pick OPTIONS and make the selection for 2-sided scan. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET scans both sides with one pass. Dupplex Prunt11x17 - Put document in ADF, pick copy, pick 2to2, pick OPTIONS Pick paper size: Ledger, and then pick color or black and white. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is not as fast as a copier put BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET at 1/10 the cost of a copier.
• Yes and yes. I'm a composer and I purchased BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to print tabloid-sized conductor's scores. I've also used BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to scan 11x17 duplex. Both features work very well.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does
"CAN YOU SCAN A LEGAL AND LETTER SIZE TO ONE PDF?
• Yes. Once you get the Control Center 4 software to work and you have full scanning capabilities, you can set the paper size to ""automatic"" and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will scan all sizes from the feeder and save to one PDF document. You can, of course, also scan one page at a time manually from the flatbed.
• I've been scanning letter and ledger size pages to one PDF. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works, although sometimes the letter size pages show up as ledger size pages in the PDF. Not always, though.
• Yes, but the letter size would appear as legal in the pdf. I do not think the scanner detects the page size for you.
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET BE SHARED WITH A MAC AND A PC?
• Yes.. I have my Brother 6920 ( push button synced) to my Router. Both my PC & Mac prints perfect. HOWEVER.. Oddly.. My PC will print 2-sided on both Legal & Letter.. However my MAC will only print 2-sided on Letter. Brother Tech said it's only suppose to print 2-sided on Letter.. they oddly didn't know the PC will do both. I'm sure the Mac print data file is different and Brother hasn't given much focus on improving it. The Mac interface print box is different & feels more.. windows 3.1/ old style.
• The manual says that BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can, and there is software for both, but I have only used BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET with PC's.
"FROM THE PHOTO, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET APPEARS THAT THE CONTROL PANEL IS ORIENTED VERTICALLY. DO YOU HAVE TO STOOP DOWN TO SEE AND OPERATE BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET OR DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET TILT?
• The panel does tilt upward. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has a locking mechanism which keeps BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET in place, and a release switch to return BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to its original position, if you want.
• No, you don't have to stoop. The panel flips out from the bottom and tilts up so you can see BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET from a normal standing position.
• Thanks for info worked just fine the way BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET was for me but I did find locking mech and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does tilt upwards
• Yes, the display panel tilts.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is stationary vertical
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET OFFER A USB PORT
• Yes, from the manual: ADF High Speed Mode copying .................................................................... 80 10 PhotoCapture CenterTM: Printing photos from a memory card or USB Flash drive 81 PhotoCapture CenterTM operations (PHOTO mode) ........................................... 81 Using a memory card or USB Flash drive ..................................................... 81 Getting started ..................................................................................................... 82 Print Images......................................................................................................... 84 View Photos................................................................................................... 84 PhotoCapture CenterTM print settings................................................................. 85 How to scan to a memory card or USB Flash drive.............................................
• Yes, behind a flip down door on the left side of the display, along with the media slots.
• Yes, USB and LAN available.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has an USB port.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does.
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET CONNECT TO IPAD AIR
• I would think so - I have printed from my iPhone. Mine has printer has some serious paper feed issues - much like many of the other reviewers have stated. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will sometimes grab up to 5 sheets at a time and manage to fan them a bit and print across all of them. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET also doesn't grab the paper in the manual feed slot correctly. I would recommend looking at other printers.
• Yes, from the same documents or picture, and ipad must be connected with print wireless
• Yes. You need to download the brother app, but I do BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET all time.
• Yep, but you'll need to download an app.
"WILL THE PRINTER ALLOW TO PRINT WITH ONLY THE BLACK CARTRIDGE INSTALLED, OR DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL INK TANKS INSTALLED WITH SOME CAPACITY?
• I am pretty sure the printer will not print when any one of the color cartridges gets low so don't think BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will work with only the black cartridge installed. Obviously if you only want to print in grey scale then you only need to buy one set of colour cartridges which will last for ever as long as grey scale is your default setting. Richard M
• Cartridges LC103BK/C/M/Y Starter Ink Cartridges please check specification https://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/MFCJ6920DW/spec#.Usa6m_RdXUg
"HAS ANYONE PRINTED ON HEAVER WEIGHT PAPER? WHAT LB PAPER WILL BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET ACCEPT? 60LB - 80LB - 100LB+?
• The heaviest I've run through BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is card stock and photo paper. I have no problems with either and have only ever had one jam. But, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is important to follow the paper type matrix in the user's guide. You may use a wide variety of sizes and types of paper including evlelopes and transparencies in the top tray and the manual sheet feeder but only plain paper in the lower tray.
• Mine will only accept normal office weight paper, even that is subject to paper jam fairly often. Heavier paper trials have been a nightmare.
"CAN YOU USE REGULAR CARTRIGES AS WELL AS THE HIGH YIELD IN THE SAME MACHINE?
• Yes. Brother makes both a high yield and a standard yield cartridge for BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET and they can be mixed and matched. Right now I am running a standard black cartridge with high yield color as I got a deal on the standard blacks. You will be happy with the amount of printing you get from these things. I've had Dell, Lexmark, HP and other types of printers but BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is the first one that is a miser on the ink!!!!! Makes the machine well worth it!!!!!
• Yes, you can use both regular and high yield ink cartridges.
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINT 11X17
• Not only does BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET print to 11x17 easily without any sort of crazy adjustment, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can print AUTOMATICALLY double-sided. There are two trays that you can keep different size paper stored. The wi-fi capability allows me to have BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET across the room in a more convenient spot. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does have a bit of a footprint, but BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is totally worth it. I love it.
• Says BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can, the paper fits too, but for the life of me I can't get BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET actually to do it
• Yes but you have to hand feed. I use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET for this
• Yes very good all around printer
"CAN I USE THIRD PARTY INK CARTRIDGES FOR BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINTER?
• Chances are pretty good that someone is selling recycled ink cartridges for BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET printer, which could be obtained at a cheaper price than from a Brother-authorized manufacturer. But I'd say you use them at your own risk. I had a printer, not that old, which simply up and died as a result of using third party ink cartridges. Or at least we couldn't determine any other cause of death.
• Yes. I have used LD products ink with no problems at all. I can only give feedback on theirs as I have used them in other printers for years.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINT CHECKS WELL? I READ ONE HORRIBLE REVIEW BUT NOW HAVE DOUBTS AS I NEED THE MACHINE FOR CHECKS, INVOICES, FAXING AND COPY CAPABLITIES
• I have never printed negotiable items on my printers. the artwork i have printed has pleased me very much. if you are on linkedin, go to my profile page to see what art i am referring to. click on this link.... http://lnkd.in/bquvaaw
• I am not certain on that issue. I have just begun to explore the possibilities of BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET printer. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is a great printer and the cost of the ink is very reasonable.
"WILL BE USED IN SOUTH KOREA. DO YOU SUPPORT THE VOLTAGE 220V? BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET IS FREE-VOLT?
• Since BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is made to be used on American voltage, which is around 117-120v, you will have to adapt the power supply in Korea (or anywhere else) to provide 120v. There are devices commonly available which will fit into the prong configuration of electrical outlets in other countries, and convert that power into 120v and the plug configuration used in America.
• According to the manual - NO! Only 100 to 120 Volt AC, 50/60 Hz. You will have to use the appropriate step-down transformer for 220 Volt AC.
"CAN YOU PRINT A DOCUMENT / PHOTO IN BOTH PORATRAIT AND LANDSCAPE MODE? THANX!
• Yes. You can print documents / photos in both landscape and portrait. At least I've printed photos in both modes from OS X, no reason a document would be different that a Photo. I would think that Windows wouldn't have a problem doing this, but since I don't print from Windows I can't confirm that. (Linux prints via CUPS, like OS X so BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET should be fine.)
• Yes -- assuming you're not talking about doing two pictures at the same time. Just change the print layout.
"WHAT IS THE HEAVIEST PAPER THAT CAN BE RELIABLY FED & PRINTED FROM THE TRAYS?
69# 80# 92# OR HIGHER??? POSTER BOARD?
• I have only had the printer a short time and have not tried anything other than premium weight paper, 24#. I think card stock would be OK, can't imagine the printer would handle poster board. The manual seems to be staying in a different part of the house or I would look up manufacturers recommendations.
• Max Paper Weight, 220g/sm, taken from this link: http://www.trustedreviews.com/brother-mfc-j6920dw_Printer_specs
"WHAT FILE TYPE IS THE SCANNER OUTPUT? I AM LOOKING FOR PDF.
• I have Windows 8.1 running the Brother MFC j6920 DW and the output of the scans are JPEG, PNG, TIFF, Bitmap, and XPS. I think if I install Adobe Acrobat XI, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET would list PDF, but BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does not offer that output out of the box.
• The scanner will output PDF, JPG as a minimum depending on which button is selected. I've personally use both formats and there may be more that I have not used - Good Luck
"I HAVE THE MFC-6490 WHICH DOESN'T DO TRUE 11X17 SCANNING (CROPS OFF 1/4"" ON ALL 4 SIDES). DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET ONE DO THE ENTIRE 11X17?
• Its ""almost borderless"" - not quite 1/4"", but maybe 1/16"" to 3/32"" - its less than 1/8""; really good for a $300 inkjet (I think).
• My J6920DW also crops off about ¼"" all round. Correction: BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is probably less that 1/8"" all round.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET handles 11x17 perfectly. scan copy and print
• Yes does the whole page
"WILL BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET DO POSTER SIZE WORK
• If by poster size you mean 11"" x 17"" because that's the largest size paper it's designed to handle. Larger than that, you're looking at special printers and plotters that are designed to handle larger than 11"" x 17"" and very expensive...
• Easy one.....No.....not without pasting several pieces together.
• Hi Brenda! What do you mean poster size? Like 12x7?
• Of course not. Just standard paper sizes
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will do up to 11 inches wide
"WHAT IS ITS SIZE?
• Width is 22"" but you need access to the paper trays on the left end. Depth is 23"" with the rear manual feed slot open and the output catcher unfolded. Height is 12-1/2"" with the cover closed. The footprint of the base is 19-1/2"" wide and 13-3/4"" deep. Hope this helps.
• Its kind of bulk with 2 trays...Its about 43lbs beloved....but again its not worth the plastic BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET was made with......You are better off seeking a different brand..
"WILL BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET HANDLE AN 11 X 17 ORIGINAL ON THE FLATBED?
• 11 x 17 is Ledger size and ""can be faxed, copied, photo captured and printed"". Instructions on how to handle are found in ""The Basic User's Guide"" sent with the printer. So far BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has exceeded expectations.
• Yes. Also looks like the auto-feeder can handle that size, too, but I haven't tried it.
• Yes, great machine with even better technical support!!!
• Yes, and via the sheet feeder.
"IS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET EASY TO USE WITH AN I PAD OR I PHONE?
• We use BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET with both an iPad and iPhone and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works well. My husband said BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET was not complicated to set up and we have had no problems since. Hope this is a help.
• Have not tried but the, I (smart) phone for certain will work according to manuals
• Used with iPad many times
• Never tried it
• Phone yes
"1. CAN YOU SCAN MULTIPLE PAGES TO ONE PDF FILE OR IS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET GOING TO MAKE A SEPARATE PDF FILE TO EACH PAGE... NEED MULTI SCANS TO ONE PDF FILE.
• Yes you can do scan multiple pages to a pdf file. Both with the auto feed and manually placing pages.
• Yes. A multiple paged doc is placed in the feeder, scanned, and then formatted into a PDF file.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET scans everything to one binder from one stack. Separate stack-separate binder.
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET HANDLE HEAVY WEIGHT CARDSTOCK?
• I am sorry but I have never had any use for cardstock. I do not even have any in the house to try. I will say, however, that I am pleased with the printer in general.
• WE run card stock on a regular basis, just read the operator's manual to see how to do it.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET handles normal card stock just fine. I don't know if there is extra heavy card stock.
• Yes. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET links to our wireless router and, after installing the software that comes with the printer on our various laptop computers (and even on my iPhone 5) we can print from anywhere in the house.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET connects easily. No need for a wired connection. Print from any computer within range. Works great from the other rooms in my house. Same with the scan feature.
• Yes has wi if connection. Works great for me.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET INTERFACE WITH MACBOOK AIR
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can via a usb cable (not included) or wifi. You'll need a usb cable to set up the wifi. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET also will work with the newest version of OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) once you download the most recent driver from the Brothers site.
• Not that I know of....you may need a different driver, which doesn't come with the printer.
• I think BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET would BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET supports Mac OS
"WHAT CARTRIDGES DO THEY COME WITH OR I HAVE TO BUY THEM SEPARATELY?
• Brother gives starter cartridges, but they only last for a certain amount of printing. If you search on Amazon or eBay for high capacity ink cartridges, you will find many choices at great prices. And what's nice is that they print out thousands of copies for pennies per sheet.
• They come with a starter set of ink cartridges.
"WHAT IS THE CARTON DIMENSION AND CARTON WEIGHT?
• I no longer have the box or carton BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET came in, but the printer is large. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET measures 21 1/2 inches across the front, 15 1/2 inches front to back, and twelve inches high. Add about 4 to 6 inches of styrofoam all around and it's a good-sized box.
• The whole printer or cartridge? BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is a rather large footprint but not overly so.
• 24"" x 17""
"IF A COLOR CARTRIDGE IS EMPTY CAN YOU STILL PRINT BLACK AND WHITE
• Yes, it's a separate cartridge; though you will get constant alerts that the color cartridge(s) are empty or nearly empty....
• No, I have not been able to print in black and white when a color cartridge is empty.
• Probably but I'm not risking trying it. Just buy the dang ink mane
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINT ON CARD STOCK
• Sorry, we haven't even taken BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET out of the box yet. Bought in anticipation of 11 x 17 print needs; hasn't happened yet. Hopefully someone else will have a response for you. My gut feeling is, perhaps light card stock, one sheet at a time (just based on past experience attempting to print business cards on a similar printer).
• I never tried, but most likely
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET MODEL DO 11X17"" FULL-BLEED PRINTS?
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can Xavier. That's why I bought BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET plus the oversize 11 x 17 scanner. The only issue I've found with BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is that you can only use Brother Print Cartridges. The Wifi works great.
• I am assuming your question is related to color printing, if yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is not the right one. Color printing on this sub-standard.
"WHAT KIND OF CARTRIDGE DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET USE
• I ordered a MFCJ6920DW printer today----chatted with Amazon, and was told ink cartridges do NOT come with the printer, so, do ink cartridges come with the printer, and if so,will my order include ink cartridges?
• The cartridge BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET uses is Brother LC107 (black), and Brother LC105 (color)
• The printer came with LC103 cartridges.
"IS THE UPPER TRAY TOO FLIMSY WHEN EXTENDED TO OPERATE WITH 11 X 17 PAPER? LOOKED AT BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET IN A STORE, AND THIS LOOKED LIKE A WEAKNESS?
• It's been fine for us, we just don't leave BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET stocked full of 11x17 all the time. We change BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET back right away! We've printed some large music scores.
• No, works well
• No works well
"CAN I USE THE PRINTER WITHOUT THE LOWER TRAY TO SAVE SPACE? THIS QUESTION WAS ASKED, BUT THE ANSWERS WERE VAGUE. ANY UPDATES?
• The answer is no. The lower tray is not removable, and is one unit.
"DOES THIS PRINTER/SCANNER /FAX HAVE A USB PORT?
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has a USB port that only supports a USB flash drive, a pict-bridge compatible camera or a digital camera that uses the USB mass storage.
• Yes on the left side under a panel. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET also has ports for different types of camera media.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does.
• There is no Ethernet port. The only way to connect is via a wireless system. I got online help from Brother setting that up, and they were pretty good about it, but without a wireless router of some sort, you're screwed.
• It's there. Under the scanner, back-right.
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has one.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET FAX LIKE A REGULAR FAX MACHINE OR JUST SCAN?
• I've never tried BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET feature. I've had trouble enough just using the copying feature.
• Works like a fax machine. You hook your phone up to it.
• Yes and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET is a great machine I really love it.
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET fax and scan
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET WORK WITH WINDOWS 10? HOW ABOUT WORD 2013?
• I don't know. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET was such a terrible scanner and mediocre printer that I returned it. I ended up with the Epson instead. Sad because I had read about what great customer service they had too.
• I'm using both and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works perfectly
"WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THE PRINTER?
• Sorry for delay. We were out of town. Below are dimensions. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET has proven to be a good quality printer for the price, and faster than our other printer. Length is 22 inches, Width is 17 inches, Height is 12 inches
• Product Dimensions: 17 x 21.8 x 12.2 inches ; 36.4 pounds
"WHAT PRINT CARTRIDGES DO I BUY
• I concur with Donna and suggest the super high yield will save you money but you may have to buy them online.
• LC 103 (regular color or black); LC 105 (color), LC 109 (super high yield black)
• The most common are lc103 for black and colours
"CAN YOU PRINT WIRELESS FROM IMAC?
• You can print from any computer that is connected to the wireless network. I print from my macbook pro all the time!
• Yes and as well, an iPad, iPhone, or any other tablet or smart phone connected the the wireless network.
"WILL THE SCANNER PRODUCE A PDF FILE ?
• Yes, in fact BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can produce a multi-page pdf from multiple scanned pages! love it!
• Yes, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does. You can scan as an image or PDF.
• Yes, the printer will produce PDF files.
"CAN BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET USE THE LC107BK?
• Yes, and BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can use this CIS systerm: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200965966707&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
• Joshua the answer to that is yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET can without any problems.
"DOES THIS HAVE APPLE AIRPRINT FOR IPHONES AND IPADS?
• According to their website, yes. http://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/MFCJ6920DW/Overview#.VdOMEfl_NBc
• Hi Angela! Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does. I am currently sell BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET here on Amazon.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET SCAN 11 BY 17
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does, both by laying BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET on the glass or by using the auto-doc feeder.
• See http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/ for answers to all Brother features
"CAN I USE BROTHER LC79XXL INK CARTRIDGES IN THE MFCJ6920DW?
• No The last character ""L"" does not appear in any ink cartridges for MFC-J6910DW ink cartridges model numbers.
"IS THERE A COMPATIBLE INK AVAILABBLE FOR BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET AND DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET WORK?
• I have a black ink cartridge from another manufacturer, but I haven't used BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET yet.
• Yes there is. BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does work well.
"DOES ENOUGH INK COME IN THE BOX?
• Yes. But's it's a light duty printer. Don't expect BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET to be your main color printer.
• Yes the machine ships with startup ink
"IS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS 8 ?
• Yes. We have both in our office and have not had an issue with either.
• BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET works well with Win7 & 8
"IS THE LID REMOVABLE SO THATIT CAN COPY AND PRINT SEGMENTS OF ROLLED MAPS? IF NOT, CAN YOU RECOMMEND AN ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER THAT CAN.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET PRINT ON CD DVD?
• I find no such setting, You would need a special tray insert,
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET FAX TWO-SIDED DOCUMENTS?
• I haven't tried, but I'm pretty sure that BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET will not fax a 2 sided document.
"DOES BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET HANDLE 220V ELECTRICITY
• The label says 100-120. NOT 120-240. So, no, BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET does not handle 240.
• Nope. 120V only
"WILL THE SCANNER PICK UP SOMETHING HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW IN A DOCUMENT?
"IS SCANNING EASY TO DO?
• I really like mine. I run a small office with it
"IS BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET WIRELESS
• Thank you. How well does BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET print photos?
• Yes BROTHER WIRELESS PRINTER INKJET printer is wireless