★★★★★ A Shark Navigator Deluxe (NV42) review will not answer these 45 questions. Get the truth from people who own a Shark Navigator Deluxe (NV42) , including the fact that it won't...
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.
QUESTION: DOES IT GO UNDER FURNITURE SUCH AS COFFEE TABLES AND SOFAS, OR DO YOU HAVE TO USE ATTACHMENTS TO GET UNDER SUCH ITEMS?
• On taller furniture mostly. There is another shark model that has the ability to fit under furniture better.
• Use attachments. No big deal
QUESTION: UOW IS IT ON TILE AND WOOD FLOORS WITH LOTS OF PET HAIR.
• I have all tile or laminate floors and they are clean and hair free when done. It's tough to use on small 3x4 rugs as suction is too powerful, but I am well satisfied.
• I have both tile and laminate wood floors. It picks up hair and pet hair very well.
• The switch has two options, one level is for wood floors and a higher level is for carpet. My apartment is covered with carpet, with a lot of my cat's hair, my hair (LONG), and cat litter sand (heavier than hairs) in it. The lower level can take them out, and the higher level can take out even more. I believe since it can take out all those stuff from my carpet, it will be surely able to take up the same thing on wood and tile floors very easily.
QUESTION: HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGHTDOG HAIR ON WOOD FLOOR PERFORMANCE?
• Works great with dog hair works great on the dog too dog loves it dont have wood floors use a swifter in the kitchen
• It picks up dog hair extremely well on the floor as well as furniture!
QUESTION: IS IT EASY TO PUSH?
• One of the greatest things about this machine is how easy it handles. I've had dysons, hoovers, dirt devils, this thing will out maneurver all of them and does it with ease. On flat carpet is actually pulls itself. I love it and for the money it's unbeatable. Having had a cleaning business, I will say the dyson probably cleans deeper but unless you have lots of animals or kids to clean after this is the greatest! It's my #1 vacuum.
• Yes it has a feature that helps glide smoothly
• Yes. With the beater brush turning you will always have some resistance. Otherwise it would not clean properly. It is quite light weight so I would consider it easy to push and pull while cleaning.
QUESTION: DOES IT HAVE A HEPA FILTER?
• It's bristling with filters. Better filters than any vacuum cleaner I've seen in years.
• No, it doesn't. It has a stack of sponge type filters that are to be washed/dried every three months.
QUESTION: HOW THIS VACCUM WORKS FOR WOOD FLOORS?
• Hi, This vacuum works very well on wood floors. All of sharks units have a carpet and bare floor setting on them. Hope this information helps, thanks!
• The wife says it works fine.
• The vacuum has two settings when you turn it on. The first is suction only. We have tile floors and it works perfect. I do not have to sweep anymore and it does not kick any of the dirt back at you. Then second setting makes the brush spin and is used when you vacuum carpets. You can go from floor to carpet and back again with the flick of the button.
• Works really good for me, even sucks up little small crumbs
• it come with hard floor switch.
QUESTION: HOW MUCH DOES THIS VACUM CLEANER WEIGH?
• It is about 15 lbs.
• I'm not sure on the exact weight but it's very light .....it is the best sweeper I have ever used
• 15 lns
• Probably 2lbs really light compare to other vacuums
QUESTION: HOW IS IT ON FLOORS
• I have bare floors throughout my home, and it's wonderful. Obviously, I still have to mop, but as far as picking up dust, pet hair, and other small trash, it's great.
• I've used it in my bathroom to clean up cat litter off the floor in bare floor mode and it does great!
• I love it! There is a flip switch you can use with two settings, one for hard floors and one for carpet. I feel more safe using this equipment on my wood floors without the worry of damaging/scratching my wood floors. The suction is great...my broom sweeping days are over.
• Does great!
• I have been extremely happy with it on my small kitchen floors . It is very powerful
QUESTION: DOES THIS VACUUM HAVE A RETRACTABLE CORD?
• No it doesn't.
• No it doesn't.
• No, you have to wind it around the two hooks.
• No, it does not.
• No, it doesn't. It has the pegs on the back to wrap the cord the usual way.
QUESTION: DOES THIS MACHINE WORK ON DIFFERENT HEIGHT CARPETS?
• I only have 1 carpet height, so I can't answer that, but it is easy to change the height adjustment, and the suction is great!
• It does work on different heights and even wood floors. I got each of my kids one for Christmas and they both told me that was a better gift than their iPhones. Seriously they love the vacuums. Best vacuum I've ever used
• I use it on bare floors and two different carpet styles and it works great.
• I have a higher pile carpet and the vacuum is lifting dirt and dust deep down to the pad. It doesnt have a height adjustment option but it does have the option of turning off the brush.
QUESTION: IS THE FILTER WASHABLE, REUSEABLE?
• There are three filters. They are washable and reuseable.
• Yes, you can take it out very easily and wash it, and dry it with room temperature. It will be like an unused filter after wash.
QUESTION: CAN THE DUST CUP BE REMOVED EASILY? I ONLY HAVE TH USE OF ONE HAND.
• I think it would be difficult, and even for operating this vacuum, I sometimes need two hands.
• Very easily. This vacuum is very well designed
• Yes. It is a one-handed operation. You will probably have to set it down to open it, though; I usually hold it over the trash can and OPEN it with my other hand.
• (I tried this using one hand) You can easily remove the canister with one hand, then you need to lay it over your garbage bag and press the bottom button to release the dirt. I have 2 models of shark vacuums and this is the easiest to operate for sure. Snaps in and out easily.
QUESTION: IS IT GOOD ON HARDWOOD FLOORS?
• I live in an apartment building with hardwood floors and it works great
• Yes, it does a good job. We are happy with it.
• Didn't try it on hardwood floor but it's really good on carpet.
QUESTION: IS THIS SELF-PROPELLED OR PUSH?
• I have seen it mentioned in be be self propelled but it only acts self propelled if the carpet has a pile that the brush it can grab on to, then is will somewhat "self propell" itself away from you, it still requires "elbow grease" to make it return to you. The best answer I can give is no it is not self propelled but it is not a difficult machine to navigate. I really like ours and it picks up pet hair better than any machine the wife and I have owned over the past 40 years.
• I don't really know but it moves well. It is also lightweight so either way it is not a problem.
• Self propelled
QUESTION: IS IT SAFE TO USE ON BAMBOO FLOORING
• do not know , but it works very well on all of our carpets, hardwood & tile floors. Bamboo is just another type of wood floor, so I do not think it would harm the any floor.
QUESTION: DOES THE BRUSH STOP WHEN USING THE CREVICE TOOL OR DOES IT KEEP ROTATING AND TEARING AT THE CARPET?
• you have control over whether the brush is spinning, even when using it as an upright. setting 1 is no-brush (for hard floors) and setting 2 is with the brush. there's a safety feature where you can't have it on "2" unless you step on the release pedal and move the body of the vacuum back. you can't have the brush going while it's locked in the upright position, which is the position you'd use for the tools.
• It stops ! It also has a setting for hardwood floors where the brush is stopped but suction continues with the vacuum.
QUESTION: IS THIS EFFECTIVE ON CERAMIC FLOORS?
• We have ceramic tile in our bathrooms, and it seems to work well on them. The switch has a position for bare floors and a position for carpet.
• Yes, it has very good suction.
QUESTION: IS THE BIN FAIRLY LARGE ON THIS? I HAVE A DOG THAT SHEDS A LOT AND I'D LIKE TO GET THROUGH MORE THAN A ROOM WITHOUT EMPTYING:)
• The bin is a decent size. I think it should make it through more than a room but then how large is your room? I've had a large dog that never stopped shedding and my Dyson still had to be emptied twice to make it through 800 sq ft of carpeting.
• Not huge, but big enough. I only have a chihauhua, but she covers almost 3000 sq ft of house in hair. It is really a great vacuum. Not too heavy, but powerful & mine came with attachments. Love it !
• I have a Maine Coon cat, no dog. Works great
QUESTION: DOES IT HAVE RUBBER WHEELS SO IT DON'T SCRATCH THE HARDWOOD FLOORS
• Not sure what the wheels are made of but it won't scratch your floor
• Yes the wheels are rubberlike. Rubber like but not too soft either
QUESTION: HOW MANY POUNDS?
• I would guess that it weighs no more than 15 pounds.
• It weighs no more than 10-15 pounds. It's light and even my girlfriend has no trouble vacuuming and moving it up and down stairs.
• I don't even notice the weight as I seldom have to pick it up.....my hubby just weighed it, and it's 15 pounds. HOWEVER, I would NOT be without it! It does a great job, cleans up easily, and goes from carpet to tile with no problems.............when this one bites the dust (pun intended...;) ), I WILL be getting another one!
• Well my 5 year old granddaughter loves to run this sweeper.I would say 4 at the most
QUESTION: DOES IT WORK WELL ON HIGH PILE CARPET?
• I am happy with this vacuum. It works well on high pile carpet as well as hard surface floors.
• it does...it diggs pretty deep...really great suction...
QUESTION: DO I NEED TO BUY REPLACEMENT FILTERS?
• They are washable, and should last a long time.
• No. You just clean the filters periodically per the instructions. No bags or filters to buy!
• I am not confident that the 3 foam and felt filters, for my NV42, will last indefinitely, so I did order a replacement set, directly from Shark, to have them on hand. They were cheaper (currently) purchasing directly from Shark that the few other places I've seen them online. At $15.99 per set, plus tax and shipping, I still feel that they are too pricey, so I hope that the hype about how long they are supposed to hold up is true.
• Description says 15 pounds
• About average weight-wise, but you can push it with one finger. It surprises me when I pick it up, because I expect it to be lighter.
QUESTION: NONE OF THE SHARK'S HAVE A HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT ... THE HEAD'S THE SAME HEIGHT FOR A LOW PILE AS IT IS A HIGH PILE. DOESN'T THAT RUIN HIGH PILES?
• Since I make it s point of answering honestly I havr to say it will in the long run even if you are not a frequent vacuumer.
• Hello the shark has an adjustment on the on and off switch as well as the center head of the nozzle if you wish to adjust suction. Stairs vs hardwood floors or heavy carpeting. A great powerful system and easy to put together and clean.
• I turn the beater setting on for carpeting, and turn it off for rugs. Works great.
QUESTION: CAN IT EASILY BE TIPPED OVER LIKE OTHER NAVIGATORS?
• I find it tips over when using the hose attachments. This is due to the suction pulling on the hose.
QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE PREMIUM PET TOOLS
• There's an extension and a brush attachment that does a really good job of pulling up dog hair. The brush is small and good for getting next to baseboards.
• The premium pet tool is an attachment that you can put on the hand held hose. It has a spinning brush inside and if you put the suction to high it cleans pet hair off furniture. I have 2 cats and a dog and their hair works its way into the fibers on my furniture. This is the only thing I have found that truly works great to remove it. You go over the spot once and it is clean. I love, love, love this machine.
QUESTION: I AM LOOKING AT A SHARK NAVIGATOR DELUXE MODEL NV42 FROM, FLEET FARM. DO YOU KNOW IF IT HAS A HEPA FILTER GOOD FOR ALLERGIES?
• Don't know
• Don't know
QUESTION: IS THIS SAFE FOR DELICATE AREA RUGS?
• I don't know what you mean by delicate area rugs but I have area rugs with latex backing in my kitchen. I always had problems with other vacuums picking them up and getting stuck in the rollers. The shark doesn't move them, and does an excellent job of cleaning them.
• Yes! I have one in my living room and it does the most amazing job.
• It works great on my area rugs
• I have not tried it on delicate rugs but It does have a suction release button that allows you to adjust the power of suction. I have used it on my 8 x 12 area rug with no problems.
QUESTION: IS THE CANISTER CLEAR SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT'S IN IT, WHEN TIME TO EMPTY?
• Yes it is. Easy to see when it's full, very easy to empty and clean.
QUESTION: WHAT ATTACHMENTS COME WITH IT?
• In the box were; the vacuum body, motorized floor brush, the handle assembly, a "super stretch hose", cleaning wand, pet hair power brush, 2 cleaning attachments (small crevice tool and dusting brush), and a 24 inch crevice tool. There is also an owners manual included to you know how to use and attach everything. Awesome vacuum!
• It came with the following: 1. Pet hair power brush 2. 24" crevice tool 3. Smaller brush and crevice attachment The vacuum is powerful...I use it for my wooden floors...I am glad I bought it!
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE WARRANTY ON THIS ITEM?
• Thanks for your interest 90 days warranty
• Is there a warranty on a used vac I don't know
QUESTION: ARE YOU ABLE TO HOUSE THE ATTATCHMENTS ON THE VACUUM?
• No!! Not really!! I think there may be a way to but it comes with so many attachments that I love but it would make it really bulky!! This is a great vacuum!! I love mine!!!
• Yes, they all fit on the vacuum
• Attachments are minimal for this vacuum but it does have a place to house one of the two attachments it comes with. It works great as far as picking up dirt but that is about it. Its performance is enough to make up for its shortcomings.
• No, not all of the attachments have a storage spot
QUESTION: DOES THE HOSE COME WITH THE VACUMN OR DO YOU HAVE TO BUY IT SEPARETLY.
• Hose comes with it.
• The hose comes with it.
QUESTION: CAN YOU CLEAN PET HAIR FROM CAR UPHOLSTERY AND FLOORS WITH THE NV42?
• It does an okay job on the carpet, just have to go over it a few times. I didn't find the suction was strong enough for the car upholstery. you know how well those pet hairs stick to the car upholstery.
• My cat stays off of my furniture. However, does it ever pick up the pet hair from my hardwood flooring and oriental carpets! There are several tools for cleaning other areas (such as upholstery), and the suction is UNBELIEVABLE! I would give this serious consideration! Oh, just get it!
QUESTION: DOES THE SHARK HAVE WHEELS ON THE FRONT NEXT TO THE BRUSH ROLLER
• Yes, there are wheels. They are pretty small
QUESTION: IS THERE A SWITCH TO TURN ON/OFF BRUSH ROTATION?
• Yes, the power switch has two settings, one with the power brush on, and one with it off.
• The power switch on the vacuum has two settings. The first setting is for bare floors, press the switch to the last setting and the power brush is engaged, but only when in use. If the vacuum is in the upright position the power brush is disengaged. As so you can YouTube a demonstration of how the vacuum works.
• The switch to it on also can control the brush. It's a great vacuum. I love it.
QUESTION: WHERE IS IT MADE
• According to Ask . Com it is made in China.
QUESTION: DOES IT SHUT OFF AFTER 10 MINUTES OF VACUUMING?
• No it doesn't. I have vacuumed continuously for over 20 minutes before without unplugging it and I have had no issue.
• No, at least not yet. But I am not sure I have kept it on for 10minutes as yet.
• I haven't had that problem, but I also unplug and move to a new room before 10 minutes.
• I have no idea. I have never run it for 10 minutes without stopping and moving the cord to a new location or stopping it to move some furniture or something.
• Nope, have not experienced that issue.
QUESTION: IS THIS VACUUM SELF PROPELLED
QUESTION: DOES IT HAVE SWIVEL STEERING?
• No, it does not. But it is easy to steer with one hand.
• Actually it does have swivel steering. I just received mine and just finished using it and it swivels, making it so easy to use. My daughter bought it for us as a new unit off Amazon but when I was putting it together I noticed that the canister had heavy carpet dust in it; I emptied it, cleaned it w/water and dried it and it works great. Wondering if it was refurbished then tested and not cleaned - - we shall see. Has a warranty so not too worried.
QUESTION: DOES THIS WORK WELL ON HARD WOOD?
QUESTION: I AM THINKING VERY STRONGLY ABOUT GETTING THIS VACUUM BUT MY CARPETS ARE SEVETEEN YEARS OLD IS THIS VACUUM TO STRONG FOR THEM? I LIVE IN HUD APARTMENT
• I also have lived in my house for seventeen years with same carpet, I have no problem with the vacuum pulling the carpet, shark is an excellent choice.
• If the carpets are that old, then you will need a strong vacuum to get all of the dirt out........I have used this on rental property and it's a great vacuum......it won't pull the carpeting up if that's what you are worried about.
QUESTION: DOES IT HAVE AN EDGE CLEANER
• Yes it does
QUESTION: DOES THE VACCUUM PICK UP PET HAIR OR ONLY WHEN YOU USE THE PET HAIR ATTACHMENT?
• I have a corgi who sheds a lot and I've been happy with the way this vacuum picks up the pet hair. I haven't tried the pet hair attachment yet.
• Both, but much more efficient with the attachment. We had a beagle and his hair was short and did not release very well. The attachment pulled the hair from the fibers easier than with the wand attachment alone.
• We have 2 cats and the vacuum picks up the hair without any special attachment.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B007L5I7DY
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.