★★★★★ A 7TECH 3D Printing Pen with review will not answer these 16 questions. Get the truth from people who own a 7TECH 3D Printing Pen with, including the fact that it won't...
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.
QUESTION: IS IT BETTER THAN THE 3DOODLER?
• I actually haven't tried it yet, as it's a Christmas gift for my 12 yr old son. I've looked up several YouTube reviews though, and it states across the board that these are better and easier to use (especially for kids) than the 3Doodler.
• From all that I have heard. it is. The present was for my Granddaughter and she just loved it. Now My Grandson who is 3 years younger wants one for his BD. The reviews have been excellent. She is very artistic, just turned 12 and went right to it making a man with a parachute with no help.. apparently very simple to use and very cool. Saw her creation and took very little time, but for me, it might have taken an afternoon. :)
QUESTION: CAN THE FILAMENT BE REUSED?
• no, it gets melted into whatever you make
• Yes and no in the unit a strand get feed into when it comes out it is not the same demension but if you can resicle the product and make a strand from it yes you can reuse the filament
QUESTION: DOES IT ALREADY COME WITH FILAMENT
• A very small amount. I ordered additional when I placed my order. We have not used it yet so I cannot tell how long what comes with the kit will last, but I can't imagine it would be enough to make more than 3 or 4 small projects.
• Yes, but I bought an additional supply. Not knowing how much or how far the supplied amount would last. Have not used it yet. It is a Christmas gift for grand daughter.
• It does. There is a small package (free sample) of three different colors under the plastic that holds the pen and charger. There is also a spatula.
• Yes... it comes with a little.
QUESTION: CAN A LEFT-HANDED PERSON USE THIS PEN? THE BUTTONS SEEM DESIGNED FOR RIGHT-HAND USE.
• I think it would be fine. Left handed, the main button would under your index or middle finger. The speed control (which I hardly ever use) would be at your thumb.
QUESTION: CAN THIS PEN DRAW UP IN THE AIR OR ONLY FLAT OBJECTS?
• I'm not sure I understand your question. The pen melts plastic and while it is hot you form shapes with it using the pen. For example, you might build one wall of a house and then build the second wall attaching to the first and then the third and fourth and it would become a 3-dimensional shape "in the air." My daughter created plastic clothing using a clay shape she'd formed as the mannequin. One can build bicycles and animals - but while the plastic is hot - you need some form to initially support it until it hardens.
QUESTION: ARE THERE PATTERNS AVAILABLE FOR MAKING DIFFERENT THINGS (HORSES, BOATS, ETC.) WITH THESE PEN, OR IS IT ALL FREE FORM?
• This pen doesn't come with any but I'm sure you can download pictures to trace online.
QUESTION: CAN I DRAW BIG DRAWINGS OR ONLY SMALL STUFF? WHAT IS THE ORIGINAL FILLAMENT THAT I NEED TO BUY FOR THIS PEN?
• I haven't played with this much yet as I purchased this as a gift. However, I did purchase a book of stencils and some of the designs are quite large. You might make two or three of the same piece to put together with others to make a bigger object. As for the other filaments, I purchased the pen with a package of others that included "Filament Fun Pack" from 3D Artist Supply and 7Tech 3D Pen Filament Refills from 7Tech Mall. Hope this helps.
QUESTION: DOES THIS COME WITH US POWER ADAPTOR?
• Yes, The whole set include a 3d pen, a US power adaptor, a user manual and free tester filament.
QUESTION: ARE THERE PATTERNS AVAILABLE FOR MAKING DIFFERENT THINGS (HORSES, BOATS, ETC.) WITH THESE PENS, OR IS IT ALL FREE FORM?
• She just uses it freehand. I am not aware if there are stencils.
• we haven't used a pattern yet, but I'm sure you can search for some. This is a good tutorial: http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Printing-Pen-Tutorial/ Have fun!
• No patterns come with the pen, but you can certainly draw or buy you own
• this is no patterns, it is a freehand
QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF WARRANTY DOES THIS COME WITH? ANYTHING IN THE BOX ON IT?
• I do not believe so. I don't remember seeing one in the box.
QUESTION: I'M SORRY IF THIS IS A SILLY QUESTION...DO YOU NEED A 3D PRINTER TO USE THIS PEN? I'M CONFUSED ON HOW IT WORKS. THANKS!
• Not at all. I just bought it for my 7yo Granddaughter's Bday. It's used to "draw"...or .... In more than just linear images.
• No. The pen itself heats the filament, which is easy to put in different shapes. Then it holds firm as it cools.
• no need 3D printer.
QUESTION: ARE THE FILAMENTS INTERCHANGEABLE WITH THE DIFFERENT PENS?
• I don't know - I have ordered this pen, but have NOT received it yet.
QUESTION: DOES IT RUN WITH BATTERIES OR ELECTRIC CORD
• It has an electronic cord you plug in the wall, have a great day
• Electric cord
• It comes with an electric cord. That's what it runs on.
• This 3D pen uses an electric cord.
• It is no batteries, but it has the power adpter.
QUESTION: HOW DO I KNOW WHAT KIND OF FILAMENT COMES WITH IT? IT IS NOT LABELED
• 1.75mm filament diameter
QUESTION: IS THIS ONE EASY TO HOLD IT SEEMS LARGER THAN OTHERS
• I don't know about the others but it is not difficult for me to hold and I have small hands. It took a little bit to get used to using it properly but that was just normal process. I think it is a great product. Hope this helps.
QUESTION: CAN SOMEONE WHO IS LEFT HANDED USE THIS 3D PRINTING PEN?
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B00S4CJWVE
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.