★★★★★ A H&R Block Tax Software Premium review will not answer these 35 questions. Get the truth from people who own a H&R Block Tax Software Premium, including the fact that it won't...
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.
QUESTION: IS THIS PROGRAM COMPATIBLE WITH MICROSOFT XP WINDOWS OR DOES IT REQUIRE 7 OR 8? IS IT A ONE USER PROGRAM OR CAN IT BE USED FOR AN ENTIRE FAMILY, ETC ?
• It says on the CD that it works with Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7 / 8.1. You can e-file for free 5 federal returns, first state program download is included - a $39.95 value (it says on one older box: state e-file available for $19.95 per return). I am using HR software for years, you can download the CD to multiple computers, what matters for free e-file is a CODE that is inside and is good only for 5 free federal e-files - I think if you need more there is an extra $20? per e-file. But the IRS doesn't charge anything for any e-file - so if you have more than 5 you can just make sure with the software that it's done correctly and do it over their website (by choosing the simplest...) Hope this helps - Happy New Year
• Yes and yes unlimited return preps and I think 3 to 5 free federal return e-filing transmissions.
• Pretty sure will work with xp, think I installed on an XP computer thisyear
• i used this program for several personal and 3 corporate returns . i have mine on windows vista but it should work on any version of windows
• The CD says XP Sp3, Vista, 7, and 8.1. I put it on my laptop and believe I can do any number of returns, with the first 5 Fed 1040 efiles being free and the first state download is free. I don't know if the state can efile for free. I don't know if you can put the same program on multiple devices.
• I used the Block program for years on my XP and it worked fine. I bought a new Dell with windows 7 and it worked fine there also. It requires that you use it one computer only, but you can do five family members with e-filing and then can do as many family returns by paper as you need.
• I have used for years on XP, Vista, Windows7 and now Windows 8. Their tech support is excellent.can be used for family.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WHERE DO I CLICK TO BE ABLE TO FILE MY 2012 AND 2013 TAX RETURNS?
• Pretty sure each year stands alone, so you would have to buy older versions of the product for each year you want to file.
• You don't. This program is only for the 2014 tax year.
• I am running Windows 7. My system might be different than yours, but try these suggestions. My older tax returns are in the C/drive, in a folder labeled HRBlock. If they are not there, run a search of your main drive, probably your C drive. Run the search as HRBlock.#h&rblock
QUESTION: I AM RETIRED, AND THIS YEAR, HAVE INCOME FROM SALES AT AN ANTIQUE CENTER, WHERE I RENT SPACE MONTHLY. CAN I USE THIS SOFTWARE, OR WHICH SHOULD I USE?
• Yes, you can use the "Premium and Business" software. You will put your income and expense on the 1040 Schedule C. Don't forget that the space rent is an expense against that income--plus any other expenses you incurred in generating that income.
• Works great. Have used them for more than 15 years.
• I do three separate schedule C on my 1040. The home version in fine for this. I also do a 1041 for a trust and a 1065 for a sub-S and the business version is great for these. If your sales go to schedule C directly then the home version is all you need.
• Premium and Business provides you with the appropriate prompts and worksheets for small business endeavors. I have yet to be audited or error tagged.
• Yes, this will work great. You can also use the "Premium" for a little less money. I've used the Business version for years with no problems. In fact, just received mine last week.
• It all depends on the structure of your business and IRS form you need to file. If your business structure is as a sole proprietor, which you report on form 1040 schedule C, you do not need the Premium & Business software. The other Block packages all have support for form 1040. If your business is an LLC, partnership, or other entity registered with the secretary of state for your home state, then you do need this package, so you can file form 1065. The Premium & Business package is the only version of the Block software that supports form 1065.
• Yes can use this software. You will need to file a schedule C along with your 1040 form. And this software has those forms. It has all the individual tax forms plus corporate and Sub-Chapter S forms.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WILL THE PREMIUM + BUSINESS PRODUCT CREATE A FORM 1041 TRUST RETURN ? AND WILL IT CREATE THE K-1 FORM ?
• Yes to both.
• Yes, this product will prepare Federal 1041 and the equivalent trust return for any state which naturally includes any K1s
• In the Business portion of the program you can create a 1041 Return for a Trust. You can also create the beneficiary Schedule K-1"s.
• It will do every Federal and state return imaginable including Form 1041. A great affordable product.#h&rblock
QUESTION: CAN I USE THIS TO PREPARE RETURN FOR TRUSTS I.E. FORM 1041? WILL IT IMPORT DATA FROM TURBOTAX LAST YEAR
• I believe it will do both - however I have not tried them as I used Block last year and have not needed the trust form.
• The business version has trust forms
• H&R Block specifications says that they can import TurboTax data but I tried this once and I got different results for the same return - so I am not certain that it works well in this regard. When you import data from one year to another the H&R software sometimes will "over-right" the previous year's return - they lack a good safe way to "save as" to rename the file with the new name. They also use a propriety file saving system that makes it difficult where your return file is located. It seems as if these simple functions for file management and file over-write protection are missing. So you need to be cautious when you "save" to make certain that it is not "over-writing" a return that you want to save as a previous version. As for the Schedule K (Form 1041, etc.) - this H&R Block Business software states that they have this Schedule K and related forms for Trusts. I have not used it for this. An alternative would be to use the TurboTax Premier which also has the Schedule K for Trusts - this way you would be certain to be able to import last years data. I personally like the Turbo Tax over the H&R Block programs because of their clarity, instructions, and ease of use - but they are generally more expensive. If you used TurboTax last year and again this year - they are offering a $25 rebate - this may help you make your decision. Good luck.
• Yes you can use it to do a form 1041. I do not believe it will import date from turbotax, but I have never tried since I don't use Turbo Tax.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WHICH SOFTWARE HAS SCHEDULE F?
• The Premium and Business has the Schedule F form; in addition, I suggest that you check out the following link to H&R Block and in particular the supported forms section: http://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/premium-small-business-tax-software/ Eric
• Duane, I purchased H&R Block Federal, State, & Business 2014 software. The forms list does list Schedule F, Profit and loss from farming. I did not use this form, but it is listed in the forms list.#h&rblock
QUESTION: I PURCHASED THIS PROGRAM BUT IT WILL NOT INSTALL. MY PC IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE SPECIFICATIONS LISTED. HOW DO I CORRECT THIS PROBLEM?
• We also had the same problem and, after returning one disc we thought was defective and getting no help from the Block tech folks, discovered ourselves that you have to disregard the prompt to automatically install. Instead, go to 'my pc' or 'this pc', right click on the dvd/cd folder...click on 'installers' folder then HRBlock_Home_Premium icon and this should install the program. We think it may have something to do with Windows 8, which is what we are using...just glad we got it to work! Hope this helps!
• What kind of Operating system do you have. I installed it on my Windows 7 and windows XP, SP3 and it installed just fine. Let me know and I might be able to help. What is the error? What happens when you try to install?
• What do you mean by "will not install"?
• I had no problem installing. You may have not agreed to the client agreement. If you can't get it to install you might try installation support at WWW.hrblock.com/software/2014/support/troubleshoot
• I suggest you remove the DVD and get a soft cloth and clean and try again. If it did not work call HR Block and thgey will walk you through or allow you to download to try again. You could also copy to HD and try that way. Do you any other program running? Do you your drive where the tax program is doing anything (lighting, making click sound)?
• I copied the entire file to my computer, then I was able to use the program to do my taxes.
• Have you rebooted your system lately? Also make sure to remove any installations before you try again. Are you getting an error message? If so, what?#h&rblock
QUESTION: I PURCHASED THE FRUSTRATION-FREE PACKAGING & MISPLACED IT. WAS IT IN THE USUAL BOX OR JUST IN IN A SMALL CARDSTOCK ENVELOPE?
• Mine came in a small card stock envelope.
• Mine also came in a small card stock envelope.
• Cannot help you . . . I chose (and the product arrived in) . . . The normal packaging. Regards,
• Mine only came with the small cardboard envelope, which has none of the info. on it that the box would.#h&rblock
QUESTION: USED TURBTAX HOME AND BUS IN PAST. RETIRED WITH 2 SMALL SOLE PROPRIETOR HOME BUSINESSES. WOULD H&R PREM & BUS BE RIGHT PRODUCT?
• I have used it for years for both a small corporation and sole proprietorship. It has worked fine for me at much lower cost than TurboTax.
• Yes this is the one that you would want to use, if you have a corporation or sole proprietorship. I used to use Turbo Tax and then I switched to H & R Block several years ago because it was cheaper. I have a couple of small corporations and I use it for them and for my personal taxes. I love it!
• I have been using H&R Block Home and Business for a number of years (ever since turbotax started putting spyware in their software. back in the 90s. I have found it to be easy to use with one exception. It does not provide an interview for my state, so I just have to fill out the forms. Other than that it does very well.
• Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first Showing 1-3 of 3 answers I have used it for many years for both personal and small corporations, as well as sole proprietorships. It has worked great for me since the '90s.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES THIS IMPORT STOCK TRANSACTIONS FROM BROKERAGE FIRMS FOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTS?
• You don't need to the info s/b on the 1099 print it fill in totals & attach copies from brokerage with detail. And No I don't think it will import the detail. It has gotten more complicated as there are now 3 schedules @ info that Brokerage sends you.
• I use this program and it is not a problem to do what I said.#h&rblock
QUESTION: IS THE H&R BLOCK PREMIUM & BUSINESS SOFTWARE ON ONE DISK OR TWO? I PURCHASED THIS, BUT CANNOT ACCESS THE BUSINESS PORTION OF THE PROGRAM.
• I purchased the program and both Premium and Business are on the one and only disk. I have downloaded both but have only entered the tax program for individules so far.
• There is only one disk and both versions are on it. The installer should install both automatically. I have successfully used both programs.
• The program has only one disc. As you go through the program and answer the questions you will fill out the needed forms for a business. I believe it ask you specifically do you own your own business and then you follow the prompts and answer the questions from there.
• It came on one disk and works as advertised.
• I got 1 CD and was able to install both with no problem..
• I'm having the same problem. There doesn't seem to be a business portion. In fact, I cannot even find the forms needed doing a forms search.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO USE THIS TO ALSO PRINT OUT THE INFO ONTO 1099 MISC FORMS FOR 2014 NON-EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION?
• It worked for 2013 and it should work for 2014
• Yes you can. The business program is pretty comprehensive and covers all 50 states as well.
• I don't know, because I use FileTaxes dot com, which provides them (and sends them to the IRS) for ten bucks a pop.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES THE BUSINESS SECTION INCLUDE A SECTION FOR AN S CORPORATION?
• I don't know. It was such a horrible program compared to Turbo Tax that I bought Turbo Tax and uninstalled the H&R Block program. I completed my business taxes in less time than it took to get through a quarter of H&R Block program, it is just that much easier. I have a partnership and that was available. The edition I bought from Turbo Tax has partnership, C corporation, S corporation and more. Sorry...
• Yes. I did my 1120S with it quite easily.
• Yes. S Corporation forms are part of this software.
• Yes, the business portion of the software has a section for preparing both C Corporations and S Corporations.
• Yes, it will do an 1120S for an S-Corporation, but it contradicts IRS instructions for Schedule L. So, if you don't mind doing extra paperwork and manual calculations for the Balance Sheet from Books, then you may be ok. I found that TaxAct does a better job for less money.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WOULD THIS WORK WITH WINDOWS 8? I DO NOT HAVE 8.1 THANK YOU!
• Yes, it works with Windows 8.
• I had trouble making it work on Windows 7 Pro. I ended up loading it on a machine still running XP. The individual program seems to work OK, but the business program is deficient, even when it seems to have loaded and be running properly.
• You are most welcome.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES IT COME WITH STATE?
• One State of your choice...
• One state free, additional states at extra cost.
• It does come with one state but there is a fee to have it eFiled. However, you can print out the state and mail it in.
• If you are asking about Premium and Business, the personal return part of the software includes one state download. The business return part of the software includes any number of state downloads, but that is only for the business returns. Your small business is likely to be required to file in more than one state when you are not a resident of the state where it does business. In that case, you likely will need to file a personal return in both the state where the business is operating, and the state where you reside. So plan on spending $39.95 for any additional state downloads needed.
• I didn't need state so I can't tell you how it works for state. The disk does indicate that it has state return.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WHICH PRODUCT OFFERS SCHEDULES C,E,B
• HRB premium and business.
• I have H&R Block 2014 Premium. It has Schedules B,C and E.
• H&R Block Premium. We only buy this version because we have to issue 1099-MISC to individuals who we hire to do farm work. The Premium version is less expensive and will do everything you need for Schedule B,C, & E.#h&rblock
QUESTION: I NEED TO FILL OUT A 1041 TRUST TAX RETURN FOR THE GRANTO TRUST OF A DECEASED TAXPAYER. DOES THIS SOFTWARE WORK FOR THAT SORT OF THING?
• You need to use the H&R Block Business edition for the forms for a trust.
• The Business program, included in this product, does handle 1041 for a grantor trust. This product is two separate programs in one: Premium (for personal return) and Business (for trusts, estates, partnerships, C or S corporations, etc).
• Yes, Premium + Business includes form 1041.
• I haven't installed it yet but based on last year, yes. I'm using it for similar purposes.However it it was not as helpful as the personal tax return software. It didn't allow for the importation of financial data from third parties. Good luck. Previous answer also applies.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES THE CORPORATION SOFTWARE IMPORT FROM QUICKBOOKS?
• I've never done that and I don't see an option to do so. The program will certainly import the information from the prior year's return, but I don't see any option to import data from QuickBooks. The business tax program is quite different from the personal tax program.#h&rblock
QUESTION: CAN IT IMPORT MY 2013 TAX RECORDS FROM A TURBOTAX FILE?
• NOT FOR BUSINESS RETURNS. While it can import previous year TT files for prep. of personal tax returns, it CAN NOT import previous TT files for preparation of business (corporations & partnerships) tax returns. It can, however, import H&R Block business tax files from previous year. This was confirmed by H&R Block Level 2 tech support. They will refund your purchase, but not so easy or fast. See more answers under PC download version - they all (don't) work the same.
• Yes if your 2013 file is in your computer.As you start your H&R Blck progran it will ask if you wish to import your 2013 return and it's location.
• I believe it can.
• I remember reading that last year that it could import TurboTax files.#h&rblock
QUESTION: CAN THIS BE USED FOR MORE THAN ONE CORPORATE ENTITY (ASSUMING E FILE IS NOT NECESSARY)?
• Yes, you can use it for any number of entities. You may get the notation on the returns that it is self-prepared.
• Yes, I have used it for three. John
• Yes. It is not limited to one return prep.
QUESTION: IF I SWITCH FROM TURBO TAX TO THIS CAN I IMPORT FROM MY TT FILE?
• as long as you know where the file is located you can on the 1040 returns.
• Yes. I have switched between software products in the past without issue. Also, I would recommend giving H&R Block's customer service a quick call to confirm this current product has the same ability.
• If it is TTAX personal, the answer is yes if it is business, the answer is no or may be. MOst people have not been successful. I imported TTX directly without massaging or doing anything else.
• I haven't done so since I switched about 5 years ago, but I recall it worked then. They'd be fools not to build in this feature, don't you think? But I like the other suggestion to confirm with the H&R Block help desk.#h&rblock
QUESTION: SCHEDULE F FARMING INCLUDED ?
• We personally did not use it, but when I go into the program and do a search for a schedule f farming it comes up like it is included in the program. Hope that helps...
• Yes Schedule F is on there!
• Yes, it is included. Schedule F- Profit or Loss from Farming
QUESTION: I PURCHASED THE SOFTWARE FROM A RETAILER THE PAST 2 YEARS - AND BOTH TIMES THE SOFTWARE ALLOWED FOR 5 USES UNDER THE ONE LICENSE, IS THIS THE SAME ?
• I BELIEVE THAT IS CORRECT.
• Yes, it does. This is the same as the buying from a retailer.
• If by "uses" you mean "federal returns", then the answer is yes. You can see this under the "Footnotes" section, which is located right under "Product Overview". It is #5 - the last one. Sort of hard to read the numbers for the "Footnotes" as there is no spacing between the number and the first word, but you should be able to find it.
• yes the same
• It allows 5 efile returns. Unlimited printed returns.
QUESTION: WILL THIS VERSION (PREMIUM & BUSINESS) CREATE THE 1099 I NEED TO SEND TO AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR FOR HIS TAXES?
• Well, it's on the forms list, so I'd have to say yes. I'd contact H&R Block though, to see if you can get the same thing in any other version, since this is the most costly one.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE COMPARABLE SOFTWARE TO TURBO TAX HOME AND BUSINESS DELUXE?
• TurboTax has changed its products significantly this year. I believe that H&R Block Premium is comparable to TurboTax Home and Business. If you need coverage for personal plus Estates or Trusts (Form 1041), H&R Block Premium and Business is much cheaper than the TurboTax Alternative, which requires the purchase of two separate products (Home and Business plus Business)
• if you are a corporation then premium and business is your best option if you're self employed and have rental properties and investments then Premium should work since I don't know your status I would just say premium and business is the best way to go#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES SOFTWARE PROVIDE CAPABILITY TO COMPLETE 5500EZ ANNUAL RETURN OF ONE-PARTICIPANT RETIREMENT PLAN?
• It does not appear to have that function. I looked at all available forms and the 5500EZ was not listed.
• Not that I am aware of.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES THIS PRODUCT HANDLE DATA FROM SCHEDULE K1S RECEIVED FROM MASTER LIMITED PARTNERSHIPS?
• it handles K-1 for LLC. I do not know for limited partnerships. I think they are treated the same but not sure.
• what is "Master Limited Partnerships" this product allows users to file personal as well as corporate (LLC, partnership, corporation) income tax, plus issuing 1099/w2 forms to their contractors, employees. If you're new (or never use this product), prepare to spend time to install, and use this product. I myself have spent a reasonable amount of time to use this product. The reason I use it because of its decent price comparing to other products on the market.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES THIS PROGRAM DO E-FILE FOR FEDERAL AND STATE?
• You get five federal e-files if you activate the program with the code on the envelope. I don't know about state.
• It includes 5 federal and 1 state. Extra states cost $20 each.#h&rblock
QUESTION: IF YOU CAN INSTALL THIS ON MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER (AND HAVE A CODE FOR UP TO 5 E-FILES), ARE YOU ABLE TO SELECT DIFFERENT STATES FOR EACH INSTALL?
• I could not install on a second computer and have not called H&R yet. I have not tried different states but I had trouble (failed) last year to move a file where I purchase a Missouri disc to another machine which had selected an Illinois state return.
• To my knowledge no you can only choose one state. (at least thats how it was last few years) I have been able to install on multiple PCs (I have a laptop and desktop and start my tax return on one and then finish and print on another.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WHICH H&R PRODUCT SHOULD I USE IF A WANT TO CONTINUE TO REPORT MY RENTAL INCOME (FROM AN ATTACHED STUDIO APARTMENT ON MY HOME)?
• H&R Block Home &Business Tax Sidtware#h&rblock
QUESTION: CAN I IMPORT MY RENTAL DEPRECIATION STATS FROM 2013 TURBOTAX
• I phoned 1-800-HRBLOCK to ask this question. The answer was no--but I find that hard to believe because H&R advertises the following: "can Import of Your W2, 1099 and Last Year's Tax Return from H&R Block, TurboTax or Quicken software." If I were you, I would phone them and hopefully get someone more experienced. One thing to realize, however, that you would have to have the H&R Premium and Business Software because that is where Schedule E (rental) is found.
• I don't think you can...I don't think turbo tax is compatible with the HR Block program.#h&rblock
QUESTION: DOES THIS WORK ON WINDOWS 8
• Yes is does. Windows 8.1
• Yes. Also I have it on Win 7 even though the pkg does not list it as such.
• Works on 8.0 and 8.1#h&rblock
QUESTION: I HAVE A S CORP AND NEED TO FILE MY CORPORATE TAXES, AND THEN MY PERSONAL TAXES. CAN I USE JUST THIS ONE PROGRAM OR DO I NEED TO PURCHASE ANOTHER?
• You can do it all with this one piece of software. It has (2) programs: one for personal and small business, and one for S Corps and other larger businesses.
• Yes, the 'red box' business program includes two separate files, one for personal 1040, and the other for business 1120S, 1065, etc.
• As far as I know, if you get the Premium plus business, you can file both with this program. If in doubt, call H & R Block. I have used it for 1065 and 1041 portions of returns.#h&rblock
QUESTION: CAN I PREPARE OTHER PEOPLES S-CORP RETURNS WITH THIS AND PUT MY NAME DOWN AS THE PREPARER?
• I am not sure, but I do believe you can...
• Yes you can.#h&rblock
QUESTION: I'VE HEARD THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL NOT IMPORT DATA FROM TT IF YOU ARE RUNNING IT ON WINDOWS XP WITH SP3. IS THIS TRUE?
• I don't know about the TT, but it will not import anything to do with the business program. I found this out through their help desk. The packaging clearly says "imports data directly from Turbo Tax". Doesn't say anything in instructions about not doing it in the business mode. Very misleading.
• For the 1040, it imported everything from TurboTax on my Windows 7 32-bit computer. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work on XP.#h&rblock
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B00P6U8C22
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.