★★★★★ A Swing-A-Way 6090 Easy Crank Can review will not answer these 10 questions. Get the truth from people who own a Swing-A-Way 6090 Easy Crank Can, including the fact that it won't...
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.
QUESTION: WHERE IS THIS MANUFACTURED? DOES THIS LEAVE A SHARP EDGE ON THE CAN OR LID?
• No marking. Most likely china.
• regular can open sharp edges, just a very easy to use crank. No country of origin stamped anywhere.
• There is nothing on the can opener that indicates the country of origin. This product is the exact same as one of the standard, run of the mill manual can openers you would get at your local dollar store or discount store. It just has a large crank arm that makes using it 1000X easier. So, the can is no sharper than you would get with any other standard can opener.
• I do not know where it is made. I will tell you, we purchased two, one for a present for our son and his wife and one for us. My wife thanks me every day. I don't think the edges are any sharper than any other can opener.
• The sharp edge is in the lid not the can. I found this when looking for made in USA. However I don't remember if it was. Sorry
• I looked and looked, and can't figure out where it's manufactured. It is a standard can opener, which does leave a sharp-ish edge. The reason I like this so much is that the crank handle is so easy to use, a ton easier than the standard screw sort of twisting cutter thingy. Does that make sense? LOL! I am very bad at descriptions! I love this can opener, and I often have to argue with my kids about who gets to open the can! I have had generic can openers, but never again. Swing-a-Way rules, is the best ever, and I will never buy any other brand.#amco
QUESTION: IS THE AMCO SWINGAWAY HAND-HELD OR MOUNTED ON A WALL?
• It's hand-held and a dandy.
• It is hand held--and very easy to use.
• Hand held and cannot be converted to a wall mount. The opener works well because of the length of the crank arm. It gives allot of mechanical advantage.
• It is hand held. It is the best I ever used.
• It is handheld....
• It is hand held.
• No, it is a handheld device.#amco
• Hi, Miguel. I am a long time Swing Away can opener owner. I finally replaced a vintage 1960's Swing-A-Way can opener with this one as I'm getting a little arthritis in my right hand. When it came, I was impressed with it's weight and performance. This can opener is the best one you can buy. It opens huge cans all the way down to tiny ones with ease. Don't worry about a warranty, it will outlast you most likely. Excellent product, have no fear.
• do not remember the warranty provisions, but we have two of these and both continue to work flawlessly
• Hello, for the price, I doubt it. If it arrives broken, Amazon will replace it.
• The listing says 5 year warranty, but the manuf site doesn't mention this. Maybe the policy has changed. Mine worked like a charm for a year and then the cutting wheel started to get dull. Another 6 months and I am ready for a new one. STILL the best value and performance in a can opener you can find
• Mine lasted a little over 2 years. I don't even know where to claim on the warranty. I'll just buy a new one. For the price, I'm not going to quarrel about it.
• I have no idea about warranty but since it is manual and made of sturdy materials, I can't imagine that would be a concern. Mine will probably outlast me...#amco
QUESTION: IS THIS 6090 OPENER HAVE THE FOLDING HANDLE? IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW IF THE HANDLE FOLDS.
• No it does not but works wonderously
• sorry, wondrously
• No, the handle is fixed in the same position, all it does is turn in one direction or the other.
• It's the way it's pictured. The knob doesn't fold in.
• The handle does not fold.#amco
QUESTION: I JUST WANT TO VERIFY IF THIS CAN OPENER WILL OPEN THE LARGE 1-GALLON CANS.
• yes ! it will open the one gallon ( #10) cans. it is by far one of the easiest ones to use on them. If you are opening a large number of big cans i suggest getting a mounted commercial opener, but for just a few or the occasional one at home it is GREAT ! Hope this helps..
• This can opener easily handles 1 gallon cans (we use it for green beans)
• I see no reason why it wouldn't. Every can I've opened, has opened with complete ease! I would give this a 9/10 rating, only because my girlfriend's version of this can opener has a collapsible crank, other than that, this thing is great.
• I haven't tried this on large cans, but I can see no reason why it should not perform admirably. I am really happy with this can opener. I, myself, purchased it for helping with the arthritis in my hands, but truly, it should have no problem with a large can.#amco
QUESTION: IS THE AMCO SWINGAWAY CAN OPENER DISHWASHER SAFE?
• Yes. it has been in the dishwasher many times.
• yes, in the upper rack. The blades will probably rust though. I rinse the unit, wipe it dry & only diswasher it occassionally.
• I do not have a dish washer.#amco
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 6080 AND 6090 SWING-AWAY ?
• 6090 made in USA has warranty. 6080 made in china. Only difference I can see. This is a real easy to use can opener.
• Two main differences..the 6090 has a larger crank, supposedly making turning easier. But, the 6090 is also known to be made in China, where the 6080 is supposedly still made in USA. I'D get the6080, I have arthritis, and have no trouble with it, plus it seems to last longer. On ANY Swing Away, be sure to clean the cutting surface after using... Theyll stay Sharp longer
• The two main differences in them are that the 6090 has a larger crank, designed to make the turning easier. The 6090 is also known to be made in China, where the 6080 is still made in USA.#amco
QUESTION: WILL THIS OPENER LAST IF USED ON #10 SIZE CANS?
• The can opener will open #10 cans, however, we have found that the problem is the sharpness of the cutter is just not up to a long life.
• No. Mine did not last 3 months.#amco
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE SIZE AND WEIGHT
• Weight 1/2 pound, 8 1/2" long x 2 1/4" tall x 4 3/4" wide (Width is due to crank handle) hope this helps
• It is about 8inches and weighs maybe a half pound.....sorry it took me so long to respond, must have over looked email
• It is the size and weight of most hand held crank can openers. Light and very easy t use.
• I don't know the weight and size because this opener only lasted a few days. Only opened about five cans then stopped working.#amco
QUESTION: WHERE IS IT MADE
• Mine doesn't have any obvious stamps but looking at it I think its safe to say China.#amco
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B001CD77VO
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.