★★★★★ A Syma X5C Quadcopter Drone with review will not answer these 31 questions. Get the truth from people who own a Syma X5C Quadcopter Drone with, including the fact that it won't...
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.
QUESTION: HOW HIGH CAN IT FLY AND DOES IT SIMPLY LAND WHEN IT GETS OUT OF RADIO RANGE (AND HOW FAR IS THAT)
• These drones are toys,,, which is great!! They are too be considered a "pilot training" drone for anyone who wants to buy a Phantom or other "real Drone" which carries a heavy load,, has powerful motors and sharp blades. The SyMa X5C is about the weight of a Frisbee,, has tiny plastic propellers that would be akin to putting your finger into a rubber band powered balsa wood airplane should you fly it into someone. If you fly it into a house or car, it will simply bounce off without damaging it or should you lose control it will simply fall to the ground with the force of a frisbee. As for its capabilities, WOW!! It will literally go hundreds of feet into the air, but, you must be careful not to fly on windy days or out of range of the controller. Once you get it high in the sky,,, a win dy day will take it like a sail far,,,, far,,,, away. I've now lost 2 of these Drones in such a manner. The first, a Micro Drone 2.0 was tiny compared to the Syma... the wind over came its propellers power and took it into the forest several hundred feet away from the open area I launched it in. My first Syma had the same thing happen,,,, getting too much altitude on a windy day can just cause the Drone to get carried away like a balloon.. Be sure to go somewhere that is very expansive if you intend to fly it as high as you can and have someone with you as a spotter to help follow it in the sky. They are great,,, great fun, though, and you really should learn the fundamentals with a toy like this before taking on a real drone that could get away from you and cause damage to persons or property.
• About 75 feet high so far only a few flights and had it a few days. I Believe it loses power when out of range. Watch out when you fly it high,the wind can take it away quickly.
• About 100 high, then the rotors cut out till it gets back in range.
• Don't know the range in feet but it's not very far and if it loses radio signal the motors shut off there is a chance to regain signal and control of the quad but most likely it will crash.
QUESTION: I HAVE 4 BOYS CAN THEY ALL FLY INDEPENTLY AT THE SAME TIME?
• So fa so good on 3 of them i would say yes
• Each quad-copter will have its own controller, the short answer is yes. Be prepared that they will probably bump into each other especially when they are just learning how to fly them.
• Yes. These operate from their own transmitter that is bound to their own receiver directly.
QUESTION: I WANT TO GIVE THIS AS A GIFT. DO I WANT TO INCLUDE ANYTHING ELSE LIKE BATTERY OR MEMORY CARD?
• It comes with a memory card and 2 batteries for the drone. But, the remote control requires 4 AA batteries, which ate not included.
• Just 4AA batterys it is a good idea to get a 110v charger in the future you can get them from Amazon also.mine came with 3 batteries for the quad and memory card but I have separate chargers because I don't like charging them on my computer
• Batteries for sure, memory card maybe, I'm giving it as a gift as well...
• Has everything u need
• I would recommend having a total of 4 o 5 spare batteries - number them and rotate their use - they are cheap Also recommend replacing the 2gb micro sd card with a good 4+GB class 10 - it will take better videos and photos The quality of these cameras varies from bad to good - quality varies luck of the draw I use rechargeable AA bats for the controller - they last a long time. \ It's a fun quad to fly and get training in - I just purchased a Walkera QR350 Pro and it's like night and day (quality, load capacity, etc) however I like to practice with the Syma it's a lot expensive to crash a $50 quad vs $450.
QUESTION: DOES IT RETURN HOME?
• No. This is a very basic drone and does not have any GPS functions. There is no return home function.
• Not a chance. It's a toy drone for beginners.
• No! That would require a quad with GPS. They are available but at a premium. If you are a beginner then the SYMA X5C is for you. It has a six axis stabilizer which make it easier to control.
QUESTION: HOW DANGEROUS ARE THE BLADES?
• Not dangerous, also removable guards.
• To shrubbery, very. To humans, minimally.
• They are not dangerous at all I accidentally turned the body while it was in my hand their plastic and pretty much stop once they hit. If it's for a small child and this happens it may hurt but it won't do any damage.
• LIke sticking your finger into a rubber band powered balsa wood toy plane. They will sting, but, automatically stop when they come in contact with an object and the plastic is some what soft & flexible. Not enough force to even scratch you. Safe for indoor use.
• hi sorry i can not help haven't had a chance to look at it yet
• They can cut your skin, but I don't think they would take off a finger of an adult. If you have the supplied bade protectors installed, they are pretty well guarded.
• I wouldn't fly it too close to small children but they are generally harmless. Unless flown directly into the face with some speed of coarse. With the right maneuver these things can pick up some speed. But they blades are plastic and pretty resilient. Expect to crash a bunch while learning to fly.
QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS OF THIS DRONE ?
• It's about a square foot including 1/2 of the prop blades. It's a nice size to negotiate a slight breeze and amazing indoors. Camera is adequate. Hope this helps.
• It stands about 3 inches tall and its widest diameter is just over a foot. But this thing is amazingly fun. Highly recommended. Best bang for your buck.
QUESTION: IS THIS VERSION 1 OR 2 OF THE X5C? FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND VERSION 2 HAS A RED "X" BEFORE 5C AND RED 2.4G ON TOP.
• I'm not really sure if it is version 1 or 2. I bought it for my son and it works great though. It came in the box with the standard white colored version pictured. The decals on the drone are white versus the red that comes on the white X5C. And if I remember correctly, there was a red 2.4G decal on top as well. Also, the description says comes with extra battery. It actually had 3 in the package. 1 already installed and 2 with the accessories. Hope this can help you out.
• Definitely version 2. You can tell by the camera function being on the switch just right of the throttle.
• I just got mine a couple of days ago and it's the version 2. Another way you can tell is the instruction manual. It will have a 1 or 2 on the lower left side of the manual.
• I don't have X5C-1 but I think the camera button for X5C-1 is on the left side of the controller..
QUESTION: CAN YOU VIEW OBJECTS WITH CAMERA BEFORE TAKING PHOTO
• It is not a WiFi camera so if you can point it well enough at the target and get the right height you will do fine. Its better for the video in my opinion. You may be able to mod it and throw a gimble on with a WiFi camera though
• I can view the pictures and video during night flights.
QUESTION: I ORDERED THIS IN BLUE AND GOT WHITE IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE TECHNICALLY BETWEEN THEM
• Open it up...I got blue in a whit box
• I don't think there is a different, but if you have extra different color blades change two of them it's easier to tell what position the drone is so you can steer better.
• Nope, except blue looks cooler from my point of view.
• No difference whatsoever. Enjoy.
• No difference whatsoever. Enjoy.
• The Blue one is supposed to come with 2 batteries. My Blue one came with a picture of a white one on the box though.
• No difference that I know of
• it a christmas present...not even opened yet...
• I believe they are the same. I'v ordered two on different occasions and don't remember a choice except the picture and the one I have received was a different color than the picture.
QUESTION: HOW BIG IS THE ASSEMBLED QUADCOPTER ?
• Approximately 11inches in diameter and 3 inches tall.
• Roughly 14" X 14"
• 12" x 12"
• About 3" high and from front blade guard to opposite rear blade guard it's about 14". Very light weight too.
• Over all dimensions are 16" square by about 4" high.
QUESTION: CAN I USE A USB PLUG IN WALL CHARGER TO CHARGE THE BATTERY?
• yes, the charger with it is usb.
• Not quite sure what you are asking, the answer could be yes or no. If you are asking if you can use a normal usb wall charger and plug the adaptor that comes with the copter into it (like an i-phone charger) then the answer is yes. If you are asking if you can plug a usb charger into the copter to charge it the answer is no. The way charging works is that you take the battery out of the copter, plug it into the included adaptor and then plug the usb end of the adaptor into any wall unit or computer usb plug.
• Yes it comes with a USB cord
• Absolutely. I think it's better that way.
QUESTION: HOW LONG IS THE RANGE?
• I was very disappointed by the range on this quad. Maybe 100 ft.
• I would say 200'. I wouldn't think you would want to go any further out.
• Horizontally, I would say max 50 yards. Vertically, closer to 35-40. you might be able to reach 50, I haven't been in an open enough area to fully test it.
QUESTION: JUST TWO QUESTIONS. ONE HOW FAR CAN IT FLY FROM THE CONTROLLER? AND TWO CAN IT FLY IN THE COLD? ANY RESPONSE HELPS. THANKS
• I lost control of mine about a quarter mile from the controller at an estimated altitude of 800 feet. It went down in a neighbors cow pasture but I have not found it yet. His pond maybe.
• Sorry but this drone is a Christmas present and has not flown
• The manual says it can fly up to 400 feet away.
• Not sure yet how far away it can fly, but so far I like the distance it's going. And yes it will fly in cold weather.
• Unknown as this is a Christmas present
QUESTION: WHERE ARE THE TWO BATTERIES I ONLY SEE ONE IN THE PACKAGE
• There is one inside the quadcopter itself.
• Giving it to my grandson for xmas but I did open it, one batteries in box, I'm assuming the other One is already on the drone, I hope so , I already wrapped it.
• under the camera in battteries housing
QUESTION: DOES IT HAVE LIGHTS
• It has a light on each arm. Two arms have green lights and two are orange I think, to help show which direction it's facing. If your talking about a light to light up an area then no it does not.
• It does have small LED lights on the bottom of the quadcopter, not super bright. I have multiple quadcopters to include DJI Phantom 3, 2, 1, Hubsan, and others. This quadcopter flies extremely well inside and outside unless it's windy. Fun to fly and takes a good beating.
• yes. red and green
QUESTION: WHY DOES IT COST ABOUT $90.MORE THAN THE WHITE X5C?
• The product I bought cost about $95.
• Funny, I wondered the same after I saw prices after I had already ordered. I'm guessing because it was close to Christmas and vendor took advantage of that.
QUESTION: HOW LONG IS THE FLIGHT TIME PER BATTERY?
• around 10-15 minutes. I got this for my son and my boyfriend and they love it. It is a little hard to control at first, but gets easier. Definitely worth the price. We've smashed it against the wall (on accident) a few times and nothing broke. It comes with an extra battery as well. I'd buy it again. Hope this helped!
• About 7 min
• The book says 7 minutes I have not tried mine yet
• 6 to 7 minutes.
• About 6 min at best but it came with an extra battery very nice
QUESTION: HOW DO YOU CHARGE BATTERYS
• Bad, it doesn't stay charge only 5 mintues
• The quadcopter came with a cable that has usb on one end and the other end connects to the battery. The red light on the usb cable will go out when the battery is charged.
QUESTION: WILL IT RETURN
• Yes it will with your remote control
• No Return to Home feature, if that's your question. There is no on-board GPS or navigation to this model, only a gyro stabilizing control board.
• If you mean does it have a "return home" feature? The answer is no. You must fly it back to you. However, this is not the kind of drone you fly beyond your line of sight.
• No. There is not a return home feature. Must keep in your site and use the remote control to navigate it back
• mine did not!
QUESTION: DO THE BLADE GUARDS COME IN THE PACKAGE ?
• Yes, it comes with white blade guards.
• Yes they are in the package but not attached. They screw on with the provided tiny screwdriver.
QUESTION: IT IS NOT CLEAR IF A CAMERA COMES WITH THIS MODEL OR NOT, IT IS NOT LISTED IN THE INCLUDED, AND THER ARE NO SPECS ON THE CAMERA AT ALL, PLEASE CLARIFY
• The camera is included. These are the specs for it. 2 megapixal HD camera, 1024 x 768 video
• yes it comes w/ camera
• Yes it does. I found, if you want to make a video, you must stop the video from recording before the battery runs out of power. Otherwise the camera won't "finalize" the file on the SD card, and you won't be able to view the video.
QUESTION: DO I HAVE TO BUILD IT WHEN IT COMES OR IS IT ALREADY BUILT
• it all ready to go
• it comes fully assembled
• It's built and ready to fly. Just charge the battery first!
QUESTION: IS THIS THE X5C OR THE X5C-1? THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN FLIGHT CHARACTERISTICS.
• It is the revised version. The only difference is the ESC program is more stable.
• I have had both and I have not noticed any difference
• I bought the the xc5... I was unaware that there is a difference
• X5C Very forgiving controls. Great first quad. Very durable and stands up to punishment . Almost a month of daily flight and still on original prop blades
• I don't know the answer since I only have the X5C.
QUESTION: CAN YOU WATCH THE VIDEO WHILE YOU FLY (STREAMING)?
• Nope.... Video is saved to an sd card
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE H X L X W OF THIS MODEL ?
• It's 12x12
• Was a gift to grandson in another state. Memory tells me H is about 3.5"L and W is the same at about 16-18". Not round but 4 props at corners take up room of a circle.
• The following are the dimensions I found through amazon: 20.5 x 3.5 x 11.8
• Dimension 31*31*8cm Weight 916g
• Dimension 31*31*8cm Weight 916g or 14.9"x 14.9" x 3.14" high.
QUESTION: DOES CAMERA PAN?
• no but the camera is fixed it does have a wide field of view
QUESTION: IS THIS THE X5C-1 UPGRADED MODEL?
• Not upgraded, just blue
• No it is not.
• No, its not. I just ordered the upgraded version and it is on a very slow boat from China. Might get it in another month!
• I will get back with you when I have more time....
• Mine is the upgraded model so I don't know why you guys got the old one. You can tell if it is the newest if the 'X' in 55c is red and has 2.4g below it
QUESTION: ARE THE BATTERIES RECHARGEABLE?
QUESTION: DOES IT TAKE AND SD CARD?
• No, only micro SD
• Yes a Micro SD card
• Yes, micro 2gb comes with it
• Previous answer is correct, it is a micro sd
• Yes. It takes a micro SD and comes with a 2gb however the video/picture quality is so bad that I've detached the camera. I simply got this to practice with before I invest in a phantom which I hear are a lot easier to fly.
QUESTION: HOW LONG DOES IT NEED TO CHARGE FOR?
• About an hour
• 15 min
QUESTION: IS THIS THE SAME AS THE SYMA X5C-W 4CH 2.4G QUADCOPTER WITH CAMERA (THE AMAZON BESTSELLER) BUT JUST IN BLUE WITH AN ADDITIONAL BATTERY?
• Yes, and this thing is awesome! The only reason I picked this blue one, was so I diddnt have to wait a month to get the white syma from china.
• Same thing. Mine came with 3 batteries, which was a cool bonus.
• yes, that's how mine was. it's a total blast!!!
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B00OGRQXJU
Lowest Price as of today is on Amazon.com click here.